Washington Washington, PA 19034
Job Title: Accountant III
Location: Washington, Pennsylvania, US - 19034
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 12 Months
About Our Client: Company is world's thirteenth-largest mobile-phone service provider by subscribers and the fourth-largest multinational telecommunications network. Company has 44,000 team members and international's subsidiaries had a combined total of approximately 230 million subscribers, locations spanning Europe, United States, Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands.
- At least 5 years relevant experience required.
- Development, implementation and/or maintenance of one or more accounting systems.
- Responsible for journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, variance analysis in accordance with GAAP, IFRS and DT policies and procedures.
- Responsible for first level of review of staff level deliverables.
- Plan and design business processes and make recommendations and changes in order to improve and support business systems and activities.
- Understand the transactional flow through the various systems to monitor and ensure accurate financial results.
- Advanced understanding of ERP system including sub-modules.
- May assist in the setup of processes and procedures that properly capture, track and report financial transactions.
- May generate ad-hoc reports for internal and/or external use.
- May interpret reports and records for managers/stakeholders.
- May be involved in reviewing, tracking and maintaining information in the financial systems, ensuring accuracy and compliance with IFRS, GAAP and other accounting regulations.
- May be involved in quarterly and annual financial audit as well as supporting SOX control program.
- Record journal entries, reconcile complex ledger accounts and identify opportunities for improvement to processes or format.
- Understand business drivers and their effect on financial results to ensure business changes are accurately reflected in the financial statements, analysis and communication.
- Ensure accounting records, monthly accounting close activities, and variance analyses are adequately and properly prepared, maintained and explained in a timely manner.
- Ability to mine for, manipulate and manage large volumes of transactional level data.
- Reviews work submitted by Accountants and provides functional advice, guidance, and training.
- Use accounting concepts, experience, analytical skills and knowledge of industry to resolve issues in creative and effective ways and ensure that appropriate judgment is applied.
- Maintains, and coordinates the implementation of accounting control procedures.
- Produce accurate and timely ad-hoc reporting from multiple data sources to perform analysis.
- Must be able to interpret results and summarize in a meaningful format.
- Participate in cross departmental projects.
- Ability to understand business changes and articulate Accounting guidelines in support of effort.
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities
Reach Out To A Recruiter