Accounting Clerk II
Portland Portland, OR 97266
Job Title: Accounting Clerk II
Location: Portland, Oregon, US - 97266
Job Type: Contract To Hire
Duration: 6 Months
About Our Client: Partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper` and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. Company has 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia.
- Performs a range of general clerical, accounting and bookkeeping support functions in an organization.
- Resolves routine questions and problems.
- Works under direct supervision and follows standard procedures to accomplish assigned tasks.
Major Duties And Responsibilities:
- Assist in month end reporting procedures
- Assist in conducting journal entries, during month-end closing
- Process accounts payables
- Audit scale tickets – paying attention to detail is required
- Operate the scaling of trucks as needed
- Perform filing and general administrative tasks
General Accounts Payable Functions:
- Check, verify, and process invoices
- Prepare accounts payable data for vendors and freight carriers in AS400 system
- Analyze discrepancies and unpaid invoices
- Maintain vendor files
- Customer Orientation
- Ability to operate with the customer's and vendor's best interest in mind
- Capability to pay close attention to detail
- Microsoft Excel proficiency is essential to the role – formulas such as VLOOKUP; SUMIFS, along with other general formulas are used very often
- Ability to construct a comprehensive email, with limited grammatical errors is required
Ethics & Integrity:
- Behaves in accordance with Clients values and operating principles at all times.
- Takes action based upon the best interest of the Company rather than how it affects him/her personally.
- Working effectively with others in the organization outside the line of formal authority (such as peers in other units or senior management) to accomplish organizational goals and to identify and resolve problems.
- Communicate daily with all appropriate personnel, complete written reports as required on a timely basis
- Enjoys working hard; not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning.
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities
Reach Out To A Recruiter