Boston Boston, MA 02115
Job Title : Administrative Assistant
Duration : 02 Months
Location : Boston, Massachusetts, 02115
About Our Client: Our Client is devoted to excellence in teaching, learning, and research in many disciplines. They have an enrollment of over 20,000 degree candidates, including undergraduate, graduate, and professional students with more than 2,00,000 alumni around the world. They are one of the oldest institution of higher education in the United States.
- The Selected contractor will Organize and implement administrative systems and procedures. Serves as principal source of information on unit, project or program.
- Need to Gather and maintains data for and assists in preparing reports, often using a variety of computer software.
- Prepares and maintains financial, personnel, administrative, student records.
- Should be able to provide for smooth day to day flow of communications within the department.
- Should be able to compose, proofread, edit and prepare correspondence, reports and other materials using word processing, spreadsheets and or databases.
- Need to Arrange for use of facilities and plans meetings, conferences and seminars.
- Should have intermediate to advanced knowledge of email calendar, word processing, spreadsheets.
- Prior office experience required.
- Responsibility for delivering concurrent high-priority projects at the request of the Executive Dean for Administration.
- The office is responsible for managing high-profile external and internal reviews, strategic planning processes, special projects, and accreditation-related duties.
- The candidate will be reporting to the Executive Director of Institution, the Administrative Coordinator is responsible for providing effective, multi-faceted administrative support to the Executive Director, and on a project basis, to other team members.
- Need Excellent customer service, clear communication skills, keen attention to detail, a team player mentality and the ability to multitask across multiple projects are key to the success of this position.
- Given the sensitivity of some office projects, the Administrative Coordinator must have a demonstrated ability to manage confidential material.
- This position offers opportunity for growth over time, including project coordination, event planning, and/or office management, with increasing exposure to administrative and faculty committees and academic planning processes.
Specific responsibilities include:
- The candidate will have to Deliver high-level administrative support to the Executive Director:
- Should be able to Actively manage the Executive Director’s calendar, including scheduling meetings on behalf of the Executive Director; determining priority status of meeting requests; responding to requests; being proactive in identifying scheduling conflicts well in advance; and accurately communicating details of meetings to all participants.
- Will have to Draft communications on behalf of Executive Director as needed.
- Need to Help the Executive Director maintain an umbrella view of activities and deadlines and Coordinates team professional development activities and staffs regular team meetings ·
Performs the following project coordination functions, often in partnership with other staff:
- Should be highly proficient with Executive planning for internal and partner meetings (typically including senior leaders and VIP’s), conference calls, external visits, business meals, and large, complex committee scheduling. Examples include:
- Determining the appropriate meeting locations, coordinating and overseeing routine catering and media services.
- Should be able to Anticipate logistical communication needs and writing clear, concise and accurate communications to all meeting participants.
- Should Manage project budgets and the office’s non-salary expenses, including preparing reimbursements, processing invoices, and monitoring expenses against the budget.
- Should be able to Collaborate with partners, related administrative contacts and colleagues to create smooth workflow, including soliciting assistance from others as needed and helping others, as appropriate.
- Take on additional project tasks as required.
- Orders office supplies and maintains inventory.
- Arranges for minimal conference-related travel.
- 5+ years in administrative support (or other relevant work experience) required, including experience in logistical planning and/or implementation.
- A bachelor’s degree and background with complex scheduling a bonus, but not required.
- Must have the desire and ability to produce high-quality work.
- Need Excellent oral and written communications skills, in particular with the composition and editing of email correspondence.
- Should have the ability to multitask and prioritize work by considering importance, urgency, and potential implications.
- Should have excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to work both independently and as a part of a team.
- Need to be Highly proficient and demonstrate ability to work fluently in Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, Basic Excel, Power point).
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities.
Nikki @ email@example.com ; 678-819-8519
Zach @ firstname.lastname@example.org ; 678-203-2370