Admissions and Registration Clerk
San Francisco San Francisco, CA 94158
Job Title : Admissions and Registration Clerk
Location : San Francisco, CA -94158
Duration : 5 + Months (Potential for Extension)
About Client: Our Client serves the local, regional and global communities by forming strategic alliances and developing strong partnerships to improve health, enhance opportunities for education and foster research collaborations around the world.
- Responsible for patient identification, check-in and registering patients.
- Greet, coordinate escort upon arrival for services and/or after triage by the nurse and gather financial and demographic information, cash collection, and counsel patients and visitors with financial inquiries pertaining to their insurance eligibility and liability, cost estimates for patients and update them in the system timely and accurately.
- Performs unit functions- pulling records from recent visit, order laboratory tests, incoming phone calls, x-rays.
- Coordinate with patients admission check-in process, registrations and provide information to patient/family in the emergency room that need to be admitted.
- Support with surgical report, retrieving Fast Track Report and verify patients identity and enter 2 patient identifier data in apex following medical center protocol.
- Interviews patients on patient demographic information, financial insurance data and prepares for delivery to medical records in a timely manner.
- Maintains and updates Medical Center service and staff on-call board as needed.
- Responsible to procedures, tests and x-rays for specific departments functions to avoid conflict and disruption in scheduling.
- Admits newborns and completes appropriate material for the ICN as required.
- Collaborate with patients and various departments conducting clinical trials and stick to red flag protocol, refer Red Flag Alerts to Admitting supervisor.
- CSC check-in to include discussion of pediatric patient NPO, and health assessment status data collection, documentation, reporting to Pre-op.
- Verifies insurance eligibility, benefits and enters data including authorization in the registration and insurance verification screens.
- Distribute available amenities to patients and visitors when appropriate - DVD’s, CD’s, books, puzzles, magazines, games and toys, blankets and pillows.
- Coordinate with support departments to keep areas clean and presentable at all times.
- Registers patients for specialized outpatient services such as (ONB) status, Ambulatory surgery, and outpatient lab as required .
- Should have a high school diploma or GED with 2 years hospital experience at the admitting worker or comparable level.
- Must have knowledge of health insurance. authorization, financial policies, Medical Terminology requirements and government program regulations, MediCal, Medicare, MIA, CCS.
- Ability to work “after hours/weekend” functions / events - must be flexible and able to work nights/weekends as needed.
- Excellent communication – verbal and written.
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities.
Regina: email@example.com - 510-201-5205
Sabrina: firstname.lastname@example.org - 678-487-8581