App Dev Systems Analyst
Columbia Columbia, SC 29201
Job Title: App Dev Systems Analyst
Location: Columbia, SC
Duration: 12 Months Contract
About Client: Client is a federation of 36 separate United States health insurance organizations and companies, providing health insurance in the United States to more than 106 million people, also act as administrators of Medicare in many states or regions of the U.S. and provide coverage to state government employees as well as to the federal government employees under a nationwide option of the Federal Employees Health Benefits Program.
- 20% Produce deliverables related to the assigned project. Perform analysis, design, programming, and implementation of systems and procedures to solve complex business or scientific problems. Evaluate interrelationships in immediate programming area to determine how changes in one program will affect another related area. Apply conversions and enhancements to business systems. May lead or provide expertise on assigned projects.
- 20% Work closely with customers, business analysts, and team members to understand business requirements that drive the analysis and design of quality technical solutions. Ensure solutions are aligned with business and IT strategies and comply with the organization’s architectural standards. Assist in post-implementation support and system enhancements.
- 20% Develop design and functional specifications. Make recommendations towards the development of new code or reuse of existing code. Responsibilities may also include participation in component and data architecture design, performance monitoring, product evaluation and buy versus build recommendations.
- 15% Design and develop IT systems. Devise new sources of data and develop new approaches and techniques. Involved in the full systems life cycle and is responsible for designing, coding, testing, implementing, maintaining and supporting complex application software that is delivered on time and within budget.
- 15% Provide guidance to lower level programmers/analysts. Act as an internal consultant by providing technical guidance on complex projects. Determine and resolve problems with other systems analysts, programmers, and systems users.
- 10% Test designed programs, verify logic, perform any necessary "debugging," and write the documentation.
- Software Developer: Software Developer is the primary role.
- System Analyst;
- Software Designer.
- Strong Analysis skills;
- Strong DB2 skills;
- Strong development skills;
- APS (is preferred);
- Batch processing and JCL; Eztrieve; MQ;
- Leadership Skills – as required for interaction with all level of Leadership.
- 4 years of job related work experience or 2 years of job related experience plus an associate’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or other job related degree
- Comprehensive understanding of applications/development, quality assurance and integration methodologies, concepts and facilities in a mainframe, midrange, and/or PC/LAN environment.
- Demonstrates a high level of technical proficiency in the areas of programming languages, platform capabilities, and methods of systems analysis and program design.
- Excellent analysis, decision-making, and problem solving skills. Demonstrates logical abstract thinking and assimilating/adhering to project goals and deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Able to work well under pressure and as part of a team. Strong knowledge of interpersonal skills/team building.
- Familiar with project management concepts.
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities.
Anjali @ email@example.com - 972-474-6777