Plano Plano, TX 75025
Job Title: Application Packager
Location: Plano, TX - 75025
Duration: 6+ Months
About our Client : Our Client is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions – underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network – Our Client works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With approximately 425,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Our Client drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives
The Application Packager will be expected to perform tasks and duties related to the development, and administration for software applications and packages. Added knowledge and skill on Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager is essential.
- Extensive experience in Application Packaging ; · Must have prior experience with using AdminStudio/Wise and SMS installer for packaging.
- Must have packaged applications for Windows 7 and Windows 10 OS platform.
- Must understand and have used one of the following: Windows Command Shell Script, VBScript, or Powershell.
- Must understand a standard packaging process and workflow.
- Must understand MSI packaging best practices and standards.
- Must have an understanding of software deployment leveraging Microsoft System Center
- Experience on creation of application virtualization packages (App-V)
- Sound knowledge of MS Office Ability to perform any required scripting in the development of application/packages utilizing but not limited to PowerShell and/or any other related scripting language.
- Ability to perform any required configurations in the development of SCCM application/packages utilizing application packaging software.
- Ability to perform research and obtain requisite vendor information to be utilized for the development and deployment of SCCM applications/packages.
- Ability to independently evaluate, select, and apply standard IT techniques, procedures, and criteria using judgement in making adaptations and modifications to SCCM applications/packages.
- Ability to troubleshoot and isolate root causes as it relates to the development and deployment of SCCM applications/packages.
- Ability to draft documentation as it relates to the process and procedures, test and evaluation, and implementation and deployment for SCCM applications/packages.
- Ability to maintain documentation for sustaining support, reports required per system monitoring and overall health/usage, system unit testing results, system configuration testing results for lessons learned, systems administration guidelines, systems set-up documentation, hardware integration test plans and results, Information Assurance documentation to support accreditation requirements, systems scans and risk documentation, end-user training material (videos, presentations, tri-folds, etc., and marketing-type documents that support end users.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a technical team and to collaborate with internal and external groups and components.
- Ability to work independently to effectively complete assigned tasks with minimal supervision.
- Ability to communicate effectively and respectfully with customers and peers; mission-focused and volunteers to assist customer requests.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems plus 4 years of relevant experience or 8 years of experience in a relevant technical field.
- Advanced knowledge of SCCM and related technologies.
- Advanced knowledge of developing and packaging software for distribution and installation
- Advanced knowledge of developing and packaging software for installation via SCCM Operating System Deployment (OSD) task sequence deployments.
- Advanced knowledge of software distribution and deployment via SCCM.
- Knowledge of Windows 10 operating system features and functions to include the registry and security principles.
- Basic knowledge of Group Policy Objects (GPOs) and Active Directory (AD).
- Industry leading certifications (Vmware, NetApp, Cisco, Microsoft, and others)
- Have experience with one or more of the following:
- Technical skills working with AdminStudio (latest version) or any other application packaging software.
- Experience working with application and desktop virtualization technologies.
- Experience working with automation tools.
- Experience troubleshooting desktop hardware as it relates to the Windows operating system.
- Good oral and written communications skills.
- Excellent organizational and teamwork skills.
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities
Jeff Kasula @ firstname.lastname@example.org - 415-200-4127