Des Moines Des Moines, IA 50301
Job Title: Attorney/Senior Attorney
Location: Des Moines IA
Duration: 6 Months Contract to hire
About Client: Our client is an American multinational conglomerate holding company. They are currently the 7th largest company in the S&P 500 Index by market capitalization and is famous for having the most expensive share price in history with a Class A share costing more than $250,000 each, having never been split.
- Provides legal support for MidAmerican Energy Company to assist it in accomplishing its goals consistent with existing laws, regulations and agreements. Position could have direct interaction with regulators and staff at regulatory commissions in Iowa, South Dakota or Illinois and will engage in legal work including contract review, providing legal advice to a variety of business units and potentially involved in various types of litigation.
- Primary Job Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Job Function)
- Representation before regulatory agencies, including preparation of written materials and appearances at hearings or other meetings.
- Legal compliance and preventive law representation and training.
- Contract drafting, review and negotiations.
- Dispute avoidance counseling, dispute and litigation management, outside counsel management.
- Analysis of business opportunities.
- Perform additional responsibilities as requested or assigned.
- Must have a law degree from an accredited law school.
- Must be licensed to practice law in Iowa or be licensed in one state and licensed in Iowa within one year after start date.
- The attorney position requires three years of legal experience.
- The senior attorney position requires six years of legal experience.
- Experience in a regulated industry, regulatory agency or law firm setting is a plus.
- Must demonstrate sound oral and written communication skills, sound judgment, and an ability to fulfill leadership responsibilities assigned; an ownership approach to projects and tasks is critical. .
- Must have a good understanding of the laws in areas of expertise and proficient in its interpretation and application.
- Must possess effective analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Must be able to handle critical time constraints, priorities and meet established deadlines.
- Must be available outside of normal working hours.
- Must be able to handle heavy workload, multiple project responsibilities and continually changing priorities.
- Must be willing to travel periodically for projects, hearings, litigation, negotiations, etc.
- Must support MEC's employee policies and procedures, including workplace safety rules.
- Must exercise proficiency in the use and application of computer programs including spreadsheet, word processing, and e-mail programs.
- Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position, with or without an accommodation
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities.
Vito @ firstname.lastname@example.org - 702-827-0376