Azure Data Engineer
Southfield, Michigan, US - 48033 Southfield, MI 48033
Job Title: Azure Data Engineer
Location: Southfield, Michigan, US - 48033
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 12+ Months
About Our Client: Our Client is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions – underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network – Our Client works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With approximately 425,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Our Client drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives
- Azure BI Developers with experience in Azure SQL DW + BI in Azure.
- Design and build data processing components and systems utilizing cloud compute technologies including Azure Cloud.
- Design requirement driven data models such dimensional ,relational and data vault.
- Build ETL pipelines using workflow management applications such as SSIS , Azure Data Factory and distributed computing such as Databricks Spark .
- Acquire, analyze, combine, synthesize, and store data from a wide range of internal and external sources as it pertains to system development. Experience with SAP systems will be plus.
- Builds and tests CI/CD deployment pipelines for data system components.
- Develops and supports monitoring solutions for data systems and components.
- Partner with business and technical leaders to prioritize data needs to expand Tenneco's analytics solution capabilities.
Qualifications And Education Requirements:
- 5+ years of experience in data engineering , data warehousing or related field.
- Deep understanding relational database systems , modern Datawarehouse platforms like Azure SQL Synapse.
- Understanding of data lake design, implementation will be plus
- Mastery of SQL, Data warehouse design and implementation experience in cross-functional area like Sales & Distribution, Supply Chain , Finance , Marketing etc.
- Experience building and automating data system components that enable - Data acquisition, cleansing, and persistence data engineering
- Experience with Azure technologies such as Storage solutions Azure Blob storage , Azure Data Lake Storage gen2 , Azure SQL Database etc.
- Experience with Visualization tools like Power BI will be preferred.
- Monitoring the performance of data analysis and system components
- Versioning of data snapshots, data lineage, schemas, and overall database systems
- Deployment through a CI/CD pipeline with Azure DevOps preferred
- Automated analysis optimizations based on performance metrics
- Strong PowerShell and cloud compute skills.
- Experience with analytics tools such as Databricks Spark, PySpark etc.
- Experience with modern infrastructure as code technologies like Terraform.
- Experience with modern CI/CD pipeline technologies involving git repositories, static code analysis, test-driven development etc.
- Experience in the full data engineering life-cycle, from business understanding to building operational systems.
- Understanding and awareness of regulations around the use of PII data.
- Understanding and experience navigating all types of database models and DBMS’s.
- Must have excellent data problem solving skills, communication skills and can execute alone but is an awesome team player.
- Big picture approach a plus - able to incorporate business understanding into design and approach to achieve current value and prepare for future benefit.
- Consulting experience a plus – role includes client-facing meetings and communication.
- Excellent teamwork, coordination, influencing and communication skills.
- Ability to develop timely and effective solutions for challenging design problems.
- Establishes relationships with data owners, experts and SMEs across a wide variety of Tenneco's data domains, including continual expansion of analytics capabilities to grow data expertise.
- B.S. degree in Computer Science related fields
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities
Reach Out To A Recruiter
Recruiter: Nick Jones