BI Java Developer
Washington Washington, WA 20011
Job Title: BI Java Developer
Location: DC / WA - 20011
Duration: 6 months
About Client: Client is a next-generation global technology company that helps enterprises reimagine their businesses for the digital age. Our technology products, services and engineering are built on four decades of innovation, with a world-renowned management philosophy, a strong culture of invention and risk-taking, and a relentless focus on customer relationships. With a worldwide network of R&D, innovation labs and delivery centers, and 124,000+ ‘Ideapreneurs’ working in 41 countries and serves leading enterprises across key industries, including 250 of the Fortune 500 and 650 of the Global 2000.
The Business Intelligence (BI) Program is seeking an experienced Java Developer to be responsible for the maintenance and future development of a suite of applications that underpin critical business functions supported by the BI Work Program. He/she will be responsible for the development and maintenance of Java based applications. The selected candidate should have good experience with Java server-side development, cloud computing, real time SOA and micro services architecture.
Essential Job Functions:
- Solid Experience with Event-processing pipelines distribution platforms such as Kafka and/or Spark.
- Experience with Azure Cloud Platform, Kubernetes and Docker
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server and related technologies
- Expertise with REST API and Data Abstraction Concepts
- Experience building operationally mature, well instrumented, very highly scalable, highly available, and secure systems
- Excellent understanding of enterprise and mobile facing systems architecture
- Comfortable with fast-paced development and iteration.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Role Specific Experience: 7+ years of experience in architecting enterprise solutions using JAVA/J2EE technologies and SOA architectures
- Role Specific Experience: 2+ year’s experience delivering systems using Kafka
- Hands-on experience in web services interaction models (RPC, SOA, REST) i.e. consuming web services
- Extensive experience in development of web services using technologies HTTP, XML, SOAP, WSDL, Universal Description, Discovery and Integration (UDDI))
- Experience in various data technologies such as Informatica (ETL), SAP Business Objects (Business Intelligence), Tibco Data Virtualization
- Experience in various development methodology like Agile/Scrum development methodology
- Extensive knowledge of LDAP, Java Authentication and Authorization Services (JAAS), Sun OpenSSO, Kerberos, Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML), Secure Socket Layer(SSL), Transport Layer Security (TLS) and industry standard two factor authentication using RSA
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities
Velma K @ Velmak@askstaffing.com - 678-310-2893