Glen Allen Glen Allen, VA 23059
Job Title: Bankruptcy Analyst
Location: Glen Allen, Virginia, US - 23059
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 6+ Months Potential For Extension
About Our Client : Our client is currently one of the largest banks in the Northeast, with branches spanning from Chicago to Vermont. The bank is one of the leading provider of loans and mortgages to individuals and business in the markets they serve. With over 1,500 branches within their network, our client has been a trusted name in banking since the 1800’s and currently has over $130 billion in holdings.
- The person is responsible to monitor loans in bankruptcy to ensure the debtor is in compliance with the bankruptcy plan.
- Monitor mortgage adheres to investor, state, federal and bankruptcy court guidelines/timeframes.
- Coordinate with the foreclosure, loss mitigation, escrow analysis, taxes and the insurance department communicating the bankruptcy status.
- Ensures proof of claims are filed correctly, bankruptcy are handled according to investor guidelines/time-frames and client abide by all state and federal bankruptcy rules/laws.
- Manage bankruptcy attorney and customers in bankruptcy.
- Make sure that client is not sanctioned by any states or federal organizations for failure to maintain bankruptcy time-frames.
Roles And Responsible :
- Responsible for a group of high level risk bankrupt accounts, account analysis and applying bankruptcy code requirements to those accounts.
- Support for setting up loans in the bankruptcy workstation, reviewing and distributing mail and sort out checks.
- Assists through negotiating with attorneys and debtors and work directly with court personnel.
- Coordinate directly with legal department and network counsel.
- Represent department on special projects and provide direction to lower staff - specialists and assistants.
- Must have 2-3 years of experience in financial industry and bankruptcy.
- Should have knowledge on preparation of proofs of claim and bankruptcy chapters 7, 11, 12 and 13.
- Knowledge of MSP, EMSP, cram downs and lien strips is required.
- Should have familiarity with payment change, post-petition fee, cost notices and Lexus Nexus report is required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, outlook.
- Should have excellent communication skills – both written and verbal.
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities
Reach Out To A Recruiter
Recruiter: Ruby, Freya
Phone: 678-310-2897; 678-250-9900