Big Data/ Data Analytics
Dublin, Ohio, US 43017 Dublin, OH 43017
Job Title: Big Data/ Data Analytics
Location: Dublin, Ohio, US – 43017 & Marietta, Georgia, US - 30067
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 6 Months
What Does A Great Security Data Analytics Engineer?
- Youll collaborate with Big Data environments within our security team, aiding in their design and configuration, to analyze and present findings within them.
- Youll serve as a security engineer and will work independently with internal clients and management on information security issues and strategies, manage new and existing requirements and fully document processes and solutions.
- We need someone with a deep understanding of security constructs in addition to a wide array of technologies.
- Youll work with several products and technologies, including not limited to: Splunk, ELK stack (Elastic, Kibana, Logstash, Beats), MongoDB/NoSQL, OLAP cubes, SQL(MSSQL, MySQL, Oracle), DLP, Tanium, among others. In addition, youll design and develop portals, processes and procedures will be required for incident response and security reporting.
- Youll need experience in Regex/Scripting/programming/RDBMS knowledge (shell, batch, Java, perl, python, php, Oracle, MSSQL, others) to be successful in this role.
- Additionally, expert knowledge of Unix/Linux (RHEL/Oracle preferred) and/or Windows OSes, including infrastructure Engineering and Support is needed.
We Need Someone Who Can:
- Design, develop, and manage large scale data systems and ingestion capabilities
- Monitor, maintain and refresh production machine learning models
- Identify data sources both internally and externally that can be used to improve insight into activity, implement data exploration technologies accordingly
- Analyze data to enable a better understanding of each data source
- Build presentation dashboards and implement analytical tools to improve action of the discoveries
We Need Someone Who Has:
- Fundamental knowledge of firewalls, networking, operating systems, databases, and storage, both at a functional level to understand data that is in scope
- Experience with Big Data frameworks, querying tools and analytics tools in a large scale implementation in an Enterprise environment
- Regex/Scripting/programming/RDBMS knowledge (shell, batch, perl, python, php, Oracle, MSSQL, others)
- Data modeling and schema design
- Stellar verbal and written communication skills with experience presenting information to groups
- Strong analytical, technical, and problem solving skills
- Ability to demonstrate leadership qualities and skills, including independent decision-making abilities
- Ability to manage time and priorities with multiple tasks and projects
- Ability to work with loosely defined requirements.
- Self-starter mentality and the ability to think in an unexpected way
Basic Qualifications For Consideration:
- Bachelor’s Degree or high school diploma/GED
- Minimum of 10 years IT experience
- Minimum of 3 years of Big Data platform experience
- Preferred Qualifications For Consideration:
- Experience with ELK, Mongo, Hadoop, from a Design, management and operation
- Minimum of 3 years of Splunk Administration Experience
- Expert knowledge of Unix/Linux (RHEL preferred) and/or Windows OSes, including infrastructure Engineering and Support
- A solid understanding of Network and Endpoint Systems Scanning
- Experience with repository management systems (GIT, etc)
- Experience with SIEM (Security Information and Event Management) systems, and security event correlation or other Information Security models
- Certified Splunk Architect or a Certified Splunk Admin with intent to attain Architect Certification
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities
Reach Out To A Recruiter
Recruiter: Moin Khan