Big Data Automation Engineer
Fortworth Fort Worth, TX 76131
Job Title : Big Data Automation Engineer
Duration : 1 Year contract
Location : Fort Worth, TX 76131
About Our Client:
Part of the Group, client is a US$4.6 billion company with over 115,000 employees across 90 countries. It provides services to customers which include Fortune 500 companies. It is also one of the Fab 50 companies in Asia, a list compiled by Forbes. client was ranked #5 in India's software services (IT) firms and overall #111 in Fortune India 500 list for 2012. client, on 25 June 2013, announced the completion of a merger with other company.
The big data and predictive analytics team is seeking an individual to standardize and automate open source processes and functions. Primarily, this position will focus on automating quality assurance, testing, and provisioning processes. Extended areas of concentration will be creating end user applications intended to expedite and automate data acquisition, integration, and control processes.
- Responsible for identifying and designing automation opportunities
- Build a working knowledge of all existing operational analytics and data pipeline methods and functionality
- Create effective and automated processes to drive efficiency and consistency across all areas of big data and advanced analytics projects
- Work closely with peers and leadership within Technology Services to develop an automation framework
- Create an infrastructure to support continued growth in the open source environment
- Bachelor’s in Business, Information Technology, Computer Science or other related discipline or equivalent work related experience
- Strong personal and organizational skills to execute project deliverables
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to lead a cross functional team
- Proficient with automation tools and framework design
- Experience in automation scripting and web application development
- Apache Hadoop software library knowledge
- MBA or equivalent degree
- Working knowledge of Hortonworks 2.3 or greater
- Experience in using Java, Python, Scala, Spark, Shell script
- Background in ETL, data warehousing
- Spark with Python, spark streaming and SQL.
- Sqoop, Hive and Big data concepts.
- Shell scripting.
- NiFi is good to have.
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities.
Leo: Leon@askstaffing.com - 678-819-8518
Yamini: firstname.lastname@example.org - 678-203-2377