Business Intelligence Developer
Boston Boston, MA 02215
Job Title: Business Intelligence Developer
Duration: 06 Months
Location: Boston, MA - 02215
About Our Client: Our Client is devoted to excellence in teaching, learning, and research in many disciplines. They have an enrollment of over 20,000 degree candidates, including undergraduate, graduate, and professional students with more than 2,00,000 alumni around the world. They are one of the oldest institution of higher education in the United States.
- The Selected contractor will Work closely with internal clients and IT teams to turn data into critical information and knowledge that can be used to make sound business decisions.
- Should Provide data that is accurate, congruent and reliable, and ensure the information is easily available to users for direct consumption or integration with other systems.
- Should Work with clients to determine and clarify business requirements, priorities, and define measures, metrics and key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Build enough understanding of the business to identify, frame and inform critical business questions.
- Educate and train clients to use the data as an analytical tool for the purpose of generating insights, considering options, making decisions, and measuring improvements, Design, and document dashboards, alerts, and reports either on a regular recurring basis or as needed.
- Provides support for the design, development and ongoing use of business intelligence solutions.
- Should be able to Research business problems and create analytical models that help analyze them.
- May capture specific business requirements in requirements documents, including screen mockups and visualizations.
- May serve as the primary person testing reports and dashboard outputs.
- Prior Development experience with at least one business intelligence tool such as Qlikview, Tableau, Cognos, or Micro strategy highly desired.
- Experience authoring technical documents such as business requirements, functional requirements, business rules, KPI definitions, database design representations, data and systems flow diagrams.
- Knowledge of data warehouse architectures and processes.
- Need to have Understanding of the features and capabilities of one more DBMS's commonly used in data warehousing such as Oracle, Teradata, SQL Server.
- Need to have Expertise developing or applying relational and dimensional data models.
- Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent professional experience.
- 2 years of Business Analyst experience.
- 5 years of SQL Development experience – SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, Postgres, etc…
- 2 years of Tableau development experience
- SQL performance tuning expertise
- 4+ years of Tableau administration skills.
- Strong experience with Database analysis .
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities.
Shiva: firstname.lastname@example.org 678-487-8565
Daniel : email@example.com 617-297-9622