Omaha Omaha, NE 68124
Position: C&E IT Application Support Specialist
Location: Omaha NE - 68124
Duration: 3 Months Contract
About Client: Our client is an American multinational conglomerate holding company. They are currently the 7th largest company in the S&P 500 Index by market capitalization and is famous for having the most expensive share price in history with a Class A share costing more than $250,000 each, having never been split.
- The organization achieved ISO27001 certification, and self-certifying to CIS Critical Security Controls Top20.
- This job position will support the organizations efforts to maintain hardware, software and network solutions to support security initiatives.
- The C&E Applications Support Specialist (SA) is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of system hardware and software.
- This individual participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the applications.
- This individual ensures that software systems and related procedures adhere to organizational values, enabling staff, volunteers, and Partners.
- These efforts support large, customer-facing electric and gas utility, including implementing and supporting cybersecurity controls and monitoring IT services at data centers and gas transmission and distribution facilities.
Primary Job Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Job Functions)
- This individual will assist project teams with planning, software installation and configuration, patching of software applications, and testing of changes to existing software or with installation of new software in a model production environment. Additional activities include support of operations staff in executing, testing and rolling-out the solutions to the production environment.
- Job functions will include: the individual may also be responsible for maintaining system backups and documentation, applying security and update patches to Windows operating systems and to various software packages that are in use in the production environment, deploying whitelisting based antivirus application to systems, removing software from Windows servers and workstations, managing ports and services, correlate event reporting with known vulnerabilities, configuring new systems based on a default configuration, configuration of log aggregation and event reporting to meet company defined reporting guidelines.
- Experience using, troubleshooting, or support of the following applications is preferred.
- IBM BigFix for centralized patch deployment
- vCM for windows machine administration, software inventory, windows patching, and event reporting (heavy use and configuration to accomplish the software inventory and software event information, and patching. (configuration, administration)
- Sophos antivirus
- Maintain systems and the hosted services through continued monitoring, coordination of data backup, system troubleshooting and proactive security measures.
- Solarwinds LEM (for SIEM log aggregation, log management, and event reporting of all software applications active in the production environment)
- Experience with Microsoft Products
- Windows Active Directory
- Windows Deployment Services
- Windows Server Update Services
- Nexpose or Nessus for vulnerability scanning (configuration, report generation, etc)
- Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining Windows applications
- Familiarity with fundamental networking/distributed computing environment concepts is preferred
- Experience working with in a VMware environment is preferred
- ESXi deployments
- Experience with HP Simplivity
- Demonstrated experience working on SCADA or industrial control systems is preferred.
- Knowledge in cyber security and experience implementing CIS CSC Top 20, NIST 800 or other security control sets is preferred
- Familiarity with remote support and troubleshooting is preferred
- Willing to work overtime hours when required by project schedule for completion of target dates.
- Perform any additional responsibilities as requested or assigned.
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities
Vito @ email@example.com - 702-827-0376