Somerset Somerset, MD 21075
Job Title: COBOL Developer
Location: Somerset, NJ - 21075
Duration: 6 Months
About our Client: Our Client is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions – underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network – Our Client works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With approximately 425,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Our Client drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives.
- Be a team player who can work effectively in a team environment as a member of an application development and test group.
- Performs analysis, coding, and unit testing of existing and/or new systems.
- Provides maintenance and support for existing systems.
- Develops design specification documents for projects.
- Supports System Testing and User Acceptance Testing.
- Creates Ad hoc reports.
- Must be able and willing to provide backup for primary on-call contact.
- Assists in defining and documenting user requirements.
- Assists in developing user manuals, procedure and training documents.
- Provides leadership, work guidance and training to less experienced personnel.
- Interacts with customers and team members to clarify requirements
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ten or more years of application development experience in IBM Mainframe environment using TSO, COBOL II, TELON, CICS, JCL, DB2, QMF, SPUFI, FILEAID, XPEDITER, ENDEVOR, etc.
- One or more years experience in system modifications and enhancements for large-scale human services system – Title IV-A Eligibility and Welfare (Food Supplement, TANF, Medical Assistance, etc.) application system – in state government environment.
- Experience with application development using Agile Scrum methodology.
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities.
Sherman @ Shermane@askstaffing.com 678-250-9916