Client Platform Engineer
San Francisco, California, US Dallas, TX 75001
Job Title: Client Platform Engineer
Location: San Francisco, California, US & Dallas, Texas, US - 75001
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 6+ Months
About Our Client: Our Client is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions – underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network – Our Client works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With approximately 425,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Our Client drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives
- In this role, you will act as a member of Client Operations supporting the Client Platform Engineering team at Uber, helping manage the global endpoint fleet at Uber. You will work to support many key projects and initiatives, partnering closely with teams across IT Engineering. You will be responsible for the health & maintenance of tens of thousands of connected devices currently active around the world!
- Leverage configuration management tooling for client systems administration (Chef preferred, Puppet OK)
- Manage, administer and help scale our global fleet of client devices (Strong knowledge of at least 2 OS: Mac, Windows, Linux)
- Write tools/cookbooks to automate application distribution and management using internal & open source tools
- Work with the AirWatch MDM platform to maintain enrollment workflows and management bootstrap chain.
- Respond to and participate in the resolution of endpoint security compromises, malware, vulnerabilities, and zero-day attacks.
- Act as an escalation point between the support teams and other CPE Engineering on issues relating to client platforms
- Contribute to & utilize detailed monitoring and reporting dashboards for both the infrastructure managing the endpoint fleet, as well as the endpoints.
- Create and maintain detailed documentation
Knowledge, Experience And Skills:
- 4+ years of experience with systems administration using the following technologies & tools:
- Chef and/or Puppet (Or CM tooling equivalent)
- Application Management Tools (Munki, Gorilla)
- Strong experience with at least 1 coding language (Python,Powershell, Ruby a plus)
- AirWatch MDM or similar
- Strong knowledge of the inner workings of at least 2 of the following OS: Windows 10, macOS, Ubuntu Linux.
- Common knowledge of Active Directory, Group Policy, LDAP, Kerberos, DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, WMI, Certificate Management, and SNMP.
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities
Reach Out To A Recruiter