San Diego San Diego, CA 92154
Job Title: Cloud Architect
Location: San Diego CA - 92154
Duration: 6+ Months Contract
About our Client : Our Client is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions – underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network – Our Client works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With approximately 425,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Our Client drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives.
The Cloud Architect plays a leadership role in developing and leading the architecture design and technology roadmap for the successful usage of cloud computing at Sempra utilities. This role will also provide guidance and consulting for projects that may leverage cloud computing.
- Develops cloud reference architectures and defines standards
- Provides training and education on cloud computing models and capabilities
- Develops cloud strategies and roadmaps
- Assists in the development of business cases that propose leveraging cloud solutions
- Assists teams in assessing the viability of using cloud for projects
- Reviews and assesses cloud deployment architecture
- Develops solution architectures for cloud deployments
- Consults with application teams on design patterns & best practices to architect & engineer cloud solutions
- Provides in-depth architecture & systems engineering guidance for cloud implementations
- Assists in the evaluation and selection of cloud providers
- Identifies risks and mitigation strategies for cloud solution
- Provides guidance towards identifying roles & responsibilities for implementations
- Defines processes and procedures for management and operation of cloud solutions
- Researches and evaluates new opportunities for the company to take advantage of cloud computing
- Tracks usage of cloud computing and ensures solutions are adequately documented
- Application Architecture – Strong skills in application deployment and design including portioned application logic and server engines. Experience with middleware options, communication protocols, application gateways, and application platforms. Strong understanding of major application architecture patterns and techniques to achieve high availability and failure resiliency.
- Infrastructure Architecture - Exposure to multiple, diverse technical configurations, technologies, and processing environments. Understanding of network architecture, communication protocols, performance, and connectivity issues.
- Automation and Orchestration – Experience with the automation of complex tasks and strong knowledge in scripting and application programming interface (API) interactions.
- Infrastructure Services and Operations – solid understanding of the management processes associated with IT Service Management (ITIL). This includes provisioning, capacity planning, performance management, monitoring, and availability management.
- Integration Architecture – Deep knowledge of architectures and processes for integrating disparate applications and services. This includes application, data, identity, and infrastructure services integration.
- Security – knowledge and experience with security policies, firewalls, security federation, encryption, PKI, authentication, authorization, and logging.
- Thought Leadership and Change Advocacy – ability to push the organization through thought leadership and to incorporate cloud computing successfully and effectively. Ability to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies. Excellent analytical & technical research skills.
- Communication & Collaboration - Excellent written and verbal communications skills. Strong interpersonal skills, including facilitation, and collaboration.
- Procurement/Vendor Management – Experience in RFP’s. contract negotiations, and licensing agreements
- Finance/Legal - Ability to analyze and assess the financial aspects of a cloud solution. Identifies the Total Cost of Ownership and recurring operational expenses. Works closely with IT finance to assess the financial aspects of a cloud solution to determine the appropriate funding model (O&M vs Capital).
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred; Scientific or technical degree strongly preferred.
- Senior level experience in at least 2 IT disciplines in a client/server environment, including, but not limited to; technical architecture, network management, telecommunications, servers, portals, web applications, Java & .Net application development, middleware, database management, operations
- 10+ years of relevant experience required; 15+ years preferred.
- 5+ years of business, technical, and/or project- management experience required.
- 5+ years of technology management consulting experience desired.
- Professional-level architecture certification (e.g. TOGAF, Archimate) is required within 12 months of assignment.
- In-depth understanding of, and extensive experience in, multiple architecture domains including Security, Systems Management, Software Engineering, Application Platforms, Network, and Information Management required.
- Large-scale enterprise-level applications, including service oriented architectures.
- Large-scale enterprise, utility, and service-provider networking technologies and concepts.
- Systems Management (Configuration, Fault, Performance, Accounting, and Security management).
- Enterprise N-tier distributed application platforms, including the following technologies/concepts:
- UNIX servers (Sun Solaris, IBM AIX and Red Hat Linux), Windows servers, Enterprise servers (IBM zOS), VMWare, SAN/NAS storage, Weblogic Application Servers, Weblogic Portal Servers, Apache and IIS Web Servers, Weblogic clustering, SOA methodologies (WLI/ALSB/AXG/BPEL), Web Services, Tomcat, SiteMinder, LDAP directory, and database management systems (Oracle, Microsoft SQL).
- Extensive experience in developing a broad range of IT architectures through active utilization of TOGAF methodologies and architecture tools desired.
- Strong skills in ITIL methodologies and associated processes and tools, including incident, problem and change management, configuration management, and knowledge management desired.
- Experience managing without direct authority required.
- Experience with gas and electric utility and its regulatory environment strongly preferred.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to pass a comprehensive federal background screening process for access to critical cyber assets.
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities
Dennis Miller @ Dennism@askstaffing.com ; 678-487-8583