Alpharetta Alpharetta, GA 30005
Job Title: Cloud DBA
Location: Alpharetta, GA - 30005
Duration: 6 Months Contract
About Client: Our client is largest provider of HR services in North America, Europe, Latin America and the Pacific Rim, The client offers you recruit-to-retire services and solutions that help them build the team that will take them into the future. The client had around 62,000 employees worldwide, and they have $12 billion annual revenue.
- Support and extend existing MongoDB infrastructure including ensuring proper system configuration, data replication (replica set with members and arbiter), backup and restoration using various scripting languages (bash, Python).
- Configure and monitor MongoDB instances with both Linux scripts and 3rd party tools
- Maintain proper system security profile ensuring data controls such as SSL/TLS and data at rest encryption standards are maintained across all relevant DBMSs.
- Diagnose/remediate production DB performance issues.
- Proactively performance tune, at a system and application level, various DBMSs such as Oracle, MongoDB, Redshift, and RDS.
- Manage/provide DBMS data growth projections through proper historical data usage analysis
- Manage and extend inventory of existing Amazon Web Services (AWS) resources such as EC2 instances and S3 buckets.
- Design/Develop/Manage the automated allocation/configuration of cloud based (AWS EC2) DB related infrastructure.
- Create / update AWS EC2 AMI images.
- Responsible for the automated backup of EC2 instances across multiple environments.
- Support existing AWS related resources (EC2/ S3).
- Develop/support system alerting using various system such as CloudWatch/Splunk/Dynatrace to preemptively alert to system related problems such as critical storage thresholds, long running queries, etc..
- 5+ years Linux administrative support
- Knowledge of build and maintaining an Oracle (10g+) database.
- Knowledge of Oracle (10g+) structure and use including: schemas, tables, indexes, and tablespaces.
- Experience designing and managing Oracle role based security.
- Understand and Optimize query performance across all supported DBMSs (Oracle, MongoDB, MySQL, RDS)
- Experience managing a multi-region AWS MongoDB cluster
- Excellent understanding of MongoDB CRUD operations
- Experience managing and implementing various MongoDB authentication strategies (SSO, LDAP)
- Understanding of network configuration requirements for proper MongoDB deployment.
- Knowledge of MongoDB Ops Manager including experience with system installation/configuration, complimentary MongoDB node configuration to leverage MongoDB Ops Manager.
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities
Ross @ email@example.com - 402-518-3275