Cloud Software Engineer
San Jose San Jose, CA 95134
Job Title: Cloud Software Engineer
Location: San Jose, CA - 95134
Duration: Long Term
About Client: Part of the Group, client is a US$4.6 billion company with over 115,000 employees across 90 countries. It provides services to customers which include Fortune 500 companies. It is also one of the Fab 50 companies in Asia, a list compiled by Forbes. client was ranked #5 in India's software services (IT) firms and overall #111 in Fortune India 500 list for 2012. client, on 25 June 2013, announced the completion of a merger with other company.
Mandate Skillset: Must have: linux, python coding; Good to have: openstack, Ansible; Added advantage: used Git, Gerrit, and Jenkins
You will help us improve OpenStack in a full-scale deployment. We are improving the state of the art in OpenStack. We're moving quickly, and you'll need to engage with other teams across Cisco to deliver.
Ideally: you know clouds; you breathe clouds; you hack clouds. You should have proven experience with Linux, Openstack, Ansible and Python, you should understand what makes Infrastructure as a Service tick.
Technical Expertise Requirements:
- Redhat Enterprise Linux and/or CentOS build, development, and operations
- OpenStack development and operations experience
- Experience with Ansible and automation skills
- Software development lifecycle including design, development, testing, packaging, deployment, upgrade and support. Git, Gerrit, and Jenkins
- Python coding experience
- Experience with other configuration management tools (Puppet, chef, salt)
- Software-defined network technologies including OVS, OVN, NFV, etc
- Hypervisor technologies including KVM
- Perl, Shell, Ruby, or similar programming experience.
- QA and testing experience of your code and the entire platform. We test everything
- Software-defined storage knowledge with CEPH
- Large scale system automation
- Linux sysadmin skill set for building, patching, and maintaining systems
- Operations oncall support
- Agile software development practices
- Work on geographically distributed teams
- Understand IT processes, including: architecture, design, implementation, and operations
- Opensource development experience
- Self-motivated, able and willing to help where help is needed
- Able to build relationships, be culturally sensitive, have goal alignment, have learning agility
- Typically requires BS/BA and 5+ yrs of relevant experience.
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities
Yamini: @ email@example.com; 678-203-2377
Leo: @ Leon@askstaffing.com; 678-819-8518
Britney: @ firstname.lastname@example.org; 678-807-6201