Cloudera Hadoop Admin
Media Media, PA 19063
Job Title: Cloudera Hadoop Admin
Location: Media, PA - 19063
Duration: 6+ months
About our Client : Our Client is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions – underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network – Our Client works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With approximately 425,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Our Client drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives
- Responsible for implementation and ongoing administration of Cloudera Hadoop infrastructure.
- Aligning with the systems engineering team to propose and deploy new hardware and software environments required for Hadoop and to expand existing environments.
- Review security patches periodically and schedule them.
- Working with data delivery teams to setup new Hadoop users. This job includes setting up Linux users, setting up Kerberos principals and testing HDFS, Hive, Pig and MapReduce access for the new users.
- Cluster maintenance as well as creation and removal of nodes using tools like Ganglia, Nagios, Cloudera Manager Enterprise, Dell Open Manage and other tools.
- Performance tuning of Hadoop clusters and Hadoop Map Reduce routines.
- Screen Hadoop cluster job performances and capacity planning
- CDSW experience preferred
- Monitor Hadoop cluster connectivity and security
- Manage and review Hadoop log files.
- File system management and monitoring. HDFS support and maintenance.
- Diligently teaming with the infrastructure, network, database, application and business intelligence teams to guarantee high data quality and availability.
- Collaborating with application teams to install operating system and Hadoop updates, patches, version upgrades when required.
- Point of Contact for Vendor escalation
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities
Mac Wilson email@example.com ; 678-298-7894