Reno Reno, NV 89502
Job Title: Cognos developer
Location: Reno, Nevada - 89502
Duration: 6 Months
About our Client: Our Client is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions – underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network – Our Client works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With approximately 425,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Our Client drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives.
- The Cognos Developer will be responsible for the design, development, and implementation of enterprise-wide reporting solutions using Cognos.
- This position will work primarily with end users, data modelers, and analysts to design business intelligence and operational reporting solutions.
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
- Design, develop, test, and deliver self-service infrastructure and business intelligence (BI) content including reports and dashboards to business professionals using the IBM Cognos BI toolset
- Develop best practices for solutions that help end users access and analyze data in data warehouse, data marts, and operational systems
- Perform early stage analysis of reporting requests to formulate high level approach and estimates
- Analyze end user requirements to design report mock-ups specifications and production reports
- Assist business users with Cognos ad hoc reporting and troubleshooting post-production issues
- Articulate data sourcing and data model requirements to ETL and database resources and collaborate on development
- Analyze report SQL and implement changes to optimize query performance
- Gather requirements from business users, communicate status updates, and coordinate user acceptance testing and issue management
- Contribute to the ongoing development and improvement of BI reporting processes and standards
- Other duties may be assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required; Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field degree preferred
- 4+ years of BI Development experience required
- Experience in Cognos 10.x / 11: report studio, Dashboarding, framework manager, administration preferred
- Advanced knowledge and expertise with SQL and data warehousing concepts required
- Experience with more than one BI tool is a plus, such as (Power BI, Tableau etc.)
- Preferred Experience with Informatica
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, dynamic environment with shifting priorities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to communicate in both technical and non-technical terms
Brad Reddy firstname.lastname@example.org ; 678(819)-8522