Emeryville Emeryville, CA 94608
Job Title : Collections Representative
Location : Emeryville, CA - 94608
Duration : 4 Months contract (Higher possibility to extend)
About Client: Our Client serves the local, regional and global communities by forming strategic alliances and developing strong partnerships to improve health, enhance opportunities for education and foster research collaborations around the world.
- Responsible for responding to all incoming telephone calls via the ACD telephone system within the timely standards defined by the unit following HIPAA mandated rules. Set ACD work status in accordance with activity on the phone.
- Respond and resolve inquiries, which may include, but are not limited to, explain patient and insurance billing policies and procedures, pricing, patient appeals, missing payment and quality of care issues for both hospital and professional services.
- Navigate billing activities in EPIC (including MyChart Billing) with patient through careful explanation and visual assistance and troubleshoot any issues and errors by offering callers step-by-step instructions.
- Secure guarantor/patient demographic and/or insurance information and update/correct the on-line system as needed.
- Secure patient payments by collecting credit card information and process using portals such as Bluefin keypads and MyChart QuickPay.
- Prepare accounts for transfer to collection agencies.
- Maintain WQs as assigned and initiate Charge Corrections request.
- Review and process payment transfers.
- Complete and submit refund requests with detailed back up to management for approval.
- Utilize multiple databases and applications to analyze and take appropriate action on information or documents received. Applications and Databases consist of : Epic, MS Outlook, MS Excel, Hospital Rates, Cirius, Imaging, MyQuote, SMS/LDA, IDX/LDA, Medi-Cal, Medicare, and other payer websites, and any other information systems which would be required for insurance eligibility, benefit verification or other information needed for follow-up and research missing payments.
Required Experience And Certification:
- Should have a bachelor’s degree.
- Should have prior work experience in a customer service or call center environment with working knowledge of electronic billing systems, preferable EPIC.
- Should have minimum of 2 years of experience in a hospital billing, physician billing, or payor office environment.
- Should have a high school graduates or GED certificate.
- Should have working knowledge of contracts, insurance billing requirements, UB04 and HCFA 1500 claim forms, Workers’ Compensation, HMOs, PPOs, capitation, Medicare, Medi-Cal and compliance program regulations.
- Working understanding of CPT, ICD, DRG, and HCPC codes.
- Should have thorough knowledge of computer operation, keyboard functions, calculator, copier and fax machine operation with standard keyboard skills and computer software skills (i.e. Microsoft Applications and E-mail, etc.).
- Should have thorough understanding of HIPAA rules and regulations.
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities.
Regina: email@example.com - 678-310-2892
Sabrina: firstname.lastname@example.org - 678-487-8581
Pearl: email@example.com - 678-250-9917