Commodity Specialist - Sourcing
Johnston, Rhode Island Johnston, RI 02919
Job Title: Commodity Specialist - Sourcing
Location: Johnston, RI - 02919
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 6 months
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- As a sourcing professional, you will be armed with key spend data, forward looking market intelligence and a fully integrated source to pay process enabling you to be a strong strategic partner with business line executives. This will help you drive shorter cycle times, increased market intelligence, higher level strategic discussions and increased savings opportunities.
- The successful candidate will partner with business owners to identify market and economic trend opportunities and execute against them to continually improve the value derived from third party relationships.
- The Sourcing Commodity Specialist will exhibit strong business acumen with a proven track record for success within transformational sourcing environments.
- Primary focus is to align with the business lines in a way that generates positive impact to them achieving their business goals, while optimizing value to the overall organization.
- Contribution to comprehensive commodity and sourcing strategies for strategic/complex negotiations.
- Ability to negotiate, including red-lining, all types of corporate transactions contracting including Agile contracting framework.
- Creating and developing strong working relationships with key internal and external partners up to Executive levels to play a role in strategic projects that support the commodity.
- Collaboration and Leading cross-functional teams to execute sourcing initiatives including the competitive bidding process and contract negotiations.
- Maintaining close relations with the industry supply base and industry experts with the objective to develop innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Utilizing analytical thinking and tools to identify new benefits generation; prioritizing projects to ensure demonstrated impact to the business.
- 1-3 years of relevant experience in procurement - sourcing and contract administration.
- Preferably in a highly regulated industry (Financial Services preferred), including managed services contracts, cloud services and SaaS deals.
- Strong Excel skills are a must. Candidate must have sourcing experience in Ariba/Oracle or another ERP system.
- Prefer experience in sourcing engagements using best practice 7-step sourcing process (or equivalent) with negotiation skills.
- Strong project management and analytics skills with experience in root cause analysis prefer
Education And Certifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field is preferred
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities
Reach Out To A Recruiter