Credit Dispute Investigator
Glen Allen, Virginia Glen Allen, VA 23059
Job Title: Credit Dispute Investigator
Location: Glen Allen, Virginia - 23059
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 6 Months
About Our Client: Our Client is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions – underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network – Our Client works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With approximately 425,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Our Client drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives
Essential Job Responsibilities:
The Credit Dispute Investigator thoroughly and accurately investigates and responds to credit bureau disputes received via e-OSCAR or directly from our customers within regulatory timeframes.
The Credit Dispute Research Specialist also reviews various reports to troubleshoot credit bureau reporting issues.
- Investigate credit bureau disputes received via e-OSCAR as well as written disputes received directly from customers using Mortgage systems, policies and procedures.
- Add pertinent information to pre-approved letters to respond to disputes received directly from our customers.
- Has to thoroughly document information relevant to the dispute details and resolution in the system of record.
- Building relationships and effectively communicate across departments within to request system updates as well as obtain information relevant to resolving our customer’s credit bureau dispute.
- Review various reports to troubleshoot credit bureau reporting issues prior to the monthly file run.
- At times, you will participate in projects to review and investigate historical credit bureau reporting and make updates as needed.
- Although the vast majority of disputes do not require telephone contact, occasionally you will need to provide effective communication when making inquiries and to follow up with customers.
- Will receive training to remain up-to-date on credit bureau industry knowledge.
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree preferred. High school diploma with applicable work experience is acceptable.
- 2-5 years of experience in the financial industry is preferred.
- Previous experience in complaint resolution, bankruptcy, loss mitigation, foreclosure or fraud is a plus.
- Previous experience researching and resolving credit bureau disputes is a plus.
- Mortgage industry experience is preferred.
- Problem-solving skills, accuracy, attention to detail, and having an analytical mindset while reviewing and investigating disputes is critical.
- The ability to function in a team environment, work independently, and organize your time to meet dispute resolution deadlines is a necessity.
- The ability to write and speak effectively and professionally is a must.
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities
Reach Out To A Recruiter