Customer Service Representative III
Norcross Norcross, GA 30071
Job Title: Customer Service Representative III
Location: Solvay, New York, US - 13204
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 3 Months
About Our Client: Partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. Company has 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia.
- Ideal candidate has prior customer service experience with lots of email and phone correspondence with customers.
- Prior shipping, manufacturing or logistical experience in a customer service role is a big plus+++ This is not a call center type role, contractor will be assigned customers whom they will work with on a consistent basis.
- Must have a business level proficiency for communications both oral/written (email) and above average attention to detail. Will be proficient in Excel; pivot tables and v-lookup is a big plus+++
Customer Service Rep Description:
- Will be responsible for working directly with the Regional Recycle Fiber Manager and the Recycle Fiber Buyer of the assigned papermill(s) to ensure coordination of recycle fiber supply from recycle plants, open market purchased fiber and coordination with any National Account volumes purchased for the designated papermill.
- Will work closely with the local Recycle Fiber Supply team by providing stellar customer service to customers; enters information into appropriate order management systems, communicates directly with suppliers and to resolve questions and concerns, works directly with the assigned Client Logistics Planner to ensure lowest cost freight options are considered and maintains direct connection with the respective papermill on status of receipt plans.
- Drives papermill operating efficiency through ensuring a reliable supply of quality recycled materials in coordination with Fiber Supply buying resources and logistics.
- Acts as primary interface for supplier status questions and updates on delivery and payment questions, communicates across the Client organization as needed to ensure all affected parties are updated.
- Partners with the papermills to understand needs and concerns related to recycled fiber delivery and in-transit issues.
- Ensures ease of doing business with Client as a key point of contact between the papermill and external suppliers. Escalates issues to assigned Fiber Buyers.
- Liaison between Account Representative, Supplier, and Client papermill, communicating and facilitating resolution on all pertinent issues.
- Liaison to assist suppliers and customers with resolution of payment & invoicing discrepancies.
- Record and process shipment requests and/or inquiries received by email, telephone and/or through customer personal contact.
- Provides release numbers, schedule information, and ETAs for shipments to Logistics for truck tendering.
- Coordinates with Logistics related to any reported constraints to on-time pickup and delivery and communicates any changes in plans to the supplier to ensure transparency with that supplier.
- Works with supply team to ensure proper mill inventories are maintained.
- Provides disposition to suppliers and carriers on loads with quality or safety exceptions.
- Excellent typing skills and high level of proficiency with business correspondence/writing (emails)
- MS Office: Strong Outlook, Excel (v-lookups and pivot tables are desired). Excel is used to manipulate the data from the database as it doesn’t have prepackaged reporting options. The ability to utilize pivot tables and v-lookups will be a great asset.
- Database: Experience with SharePoint or C Trade is nice but not required, most of the databases used are proprietary
- Supplier/Customer Data Management Experience: will be responsible for taking the transactions from start to finish. Should have experience with building order lists, issuing release numbers and keeping the customer updated throughout the process from order to delivery and resolving any problems.
- BS/BA or equivalent experience working in a high-volume customer service or support environment
- Excellent attention to detail
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities
Reach Out To A Recruiter