Raleigh Raleigh, NC 27513
Job Title: DB2 Administrator
Location: Wilson/Raleigh, NC – 27513
Duration: 6+ Months
About our Client : Our Client is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions – underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network – Our Client works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With approximately 425,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Our Client drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives
Job description :
- DB2 UDB 9.7.x 9.5.x, 9.1.x and 8.2.x Installations, Configurations and Administration with strong database programming skills.
- Fixpack upgrade and migration of database from lower to higher version.
- Expertise in using DB2 Movement Utilities like Export-Import, Load, db2move.
- Taking database Backups and recovering the database with Backup images.
- Scheduling Backup and Backup scripts using Scheduled Jobs.
- Prepared Backup and Recovery strategy at DB level for all test and production databases
- Expertise in DB2 UDB Command Line Utilities.
- Changing instance level and database level configuration parameters for database concurrency, authentication, performance and allowing remote clients accessing server.
- Monitor DB2 UDB processes and logs for any anomalies, provide corrective actions.
- Provide assistance to the development team on performance tuning, resolving locking solutions.
- Taking Snapshots and gathering other information related to the database and the system during stress tests or performance tuning.
- Expertise in generating data definition language using DB2LOOK command from existing database and creating the same objects in newly created databases.
- Used DB2 utilities IMPORT, EXPORT ,LOAD and DB2MOVE utilities to move the data between the databases and different regions
- Expertise in running REORG and RUNSTATS for better performance of the database.
- Good experience on maintaining Database Level (DB CFG) and Database Manager Level (Instance) Parameters.
- Experience in design and maintenance of databases, performance testing and troubleshooting.
- Use tools like db2advise, db2look, db2move and db2adutl to monitor, analyze and make changes in the database.
- Monitor the databases for space utilization and reduce the tablespace utilization by altering tablespace.
- Performance testing and troubleshooting of issue.
- Provide permission to users/groups on tables and schema.
- Create tablespaces for new schema tables and create temp tablespaces.
- Configured archival logging in DB2 UDB to allow for online backup and for point in time recovery.
- Support users for their queries through IM and on call.
- Execute scripts from database end which users can’t perform from their end due to security purpose.
- Good experience on Database rebuild, Redirected restore, backup and restore processes.
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities
Michael Smith firstname.lastname@example.org ; 678-310-2898