DC VIRTUALIZATION (X64) _ VMWare Engineer
Rockville Rockville, MD 20847
Job Title: DC VIRTUALIZATION (X64) _ VMWare Engineer
Location: Rockville, Maryland, US - 20847
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 6 Months
About Our Client : Our Client is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions – underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network – Our Client works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With approximately 425,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Our Client drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives
- Strong analytical skills; Able to assess and solve issues in a high-pressure environment
- Design, plan, document, and support the configuration of logical and physical system layouts
- Perform analysis and develop solutions based on established service agreements for capacity planning and performance tuning
- Participate in the development of system solution standards
- Person should be capable of presenting solutions to senior-level audiences
- The successful candidate must have an in-depth knowledge of current Windows information technology systems, infrastructures, and technologies.
- Candidate must also have significant technical background, experience and familiarity with Windows servers: Design, Configuration, and Administration of Windows 2008r2/2012 r2/2016.
- Candidate must also have significant technical background, familiarity Amazon Web Services and Azure and its supporting OS Windows & Linux servers: Design, Configuration, and Administration of Windows 2008r2 or 2012 r2 or 2016 and RHEL 6 & 7.
- Create and maintain a patch management strategy for On-Prem and Cloud Assets
- Able to work effectively with other groups and teams.
- Recommend and oversee projects that expand, change, or improve the systems and related infrastructure
- Provide assistance in reviewing performance, capacity as well as design solution
- Perform hardware reviews and make recommendations
- Contribute as necessary in a hands-on manner with the implementation of solutions in support of all projects
- Work with other infrastructure teams for new systems designed
- Provide system support and troubleshooting expertise as needed for designed solutions
- Experience in designing and deploying VMware and Hyper-V solutions on blades and rack mounted servers
- Solid understanding of DNS, TCP/IP, HTTP, DHCP, server virtualization, and Active Directory integration.
- Must be able to design and leverage High Availability, Load Balancing, and Disaster Recovery solutions.
- Intermediate knowledge on Backups – Commvault
- Intermediate knowledge on Storage Devices – VNX, Nimble
- Working knowledge of Hyper Converged Solutions
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities
Reach Out To A Recruiter
Recruiter: Mukesh Sharma