Data Center Network Engineer
San Jose San Jose, CA 94088
JobTitle: Data Center Network Engineer
Location: San Jose, CA - 94088
Duration: 6 months
About Our Client: Part of the Group, client is a US$4.6 billion company with over 115,000 employees across 90 countries. It provides services to customers which include Fortune 500 companies. It is also one of the Fab 50 companies in Asia, a list compiled by Forbes. client was ranked #5 in India's software services (IT) firms and overall #111 in Fortune India 500 list for 2012. client, on 25 June 2013, announced the completion of a merger with other company.
- Network engineer with experience in design, implementation and 24x7 support of complex enterprise networks.
- Analyze business requirements to develop technical network solutions & evaluate emerging technologies.
- Collaborate with other local / global engineers in various IT disciplines.
- On call rotation is required.
- Solid troubleshooting skills including packet level analysis.
- Technical expertise with Cisco vPC, BGP, OSPF, Link Aggregation (LACP), QoS, traffic engineering, IPSEC, ACI, multicast, data security, VxLAN, eVPN.
- Experience with configuration and troubleshooting Cisco Nexus and Catalyst series switches and ASR series Routers.
- Network performance analysis & monitoring.
- Network Automation skills (Python, Ansible, GIT), knowledge of SDN & OpenStack are a plus.
- Install, maintain and troubleshoot network equipment, perform fault and problem management to meet a high service levels.
- Hands on experience with firewalls like Juniper and Palo Alto Networks.
- Should be comfortable troubleshooting VPN issues.
- Troubleshooting of various layers (i.e. Access, Distribution, Core, WAN edge and Internet edge) of network slow or down issues and root cause identification.
- Solid documentation skills that clearly represent network environments.
- Vigilant adherence to best practices, procedures and change management.
- Good understanding of structured cabling standards.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills regarding technical and non-technical concepts.
- Ability to work in shifts & support 24x7 operations.
- Strong BI Resource who can work on Reporting tools like Webi , Lumira ( Designer ) and Fiori apps.
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities
Yamini: email@example.com - 678-203-2377