Data Center System Admin
New Orleans New Orleans, LA 70112
Job Title: Data Center System Admin
Location: New Orleans, LA - 70112
Duration: Long Term Contract
About our Client : Our Client is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions – underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network – Our Client works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With approximately 425,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Our Client drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives
- Responsible for a team of technical resources who manage and maintain critical mid-range server, storage and backup environments. Maintain and further develop a world-class operations practice to increase reliability and stability for business users. Perform administrative duties in various sections of the organization. Gather and analyze data, make reports, prepare plans and recommendations.
- May represent assigned section of task committees and lead strategic initiatives/activities. Work involves accuracy and ability to make decisions within the limits of general policies and procedures. Significant independent judgment is used. Required to plan and direct work of other employees. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Experience in developing enterprise wide operations strategy, reducing systems complexity and redundancy
- Excellent level of analytical ability, communication and interpersonal skills required to build relationships with team members and customers
- Work within a 24x7x365 environment and flexible with schedule including the ability to work on call rotation.
- Leads continuous improvement of IT development processes and procedures
- Develops and maintains customer relations (both internal and external)
Good to have:
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or Management Information Systems
- MCSE and VCP Certification
- EMC, Hitachi Storage Administration Certification
- 12+ years of experience in a minimum of four (4) of the following technologies:
- RHEL 5/6/7
- Solaris 8/9/10
- Windows Server 2000, 2003, 2008 and 2012
- VMWare vSphere 4, 4.1, 5.0, 5.5, 6.0, 6.5
- EMC SAN (Storage)
- Hitachi VSP (Storage)
- VCE VBlock 100/720
- 8+ years managing large data center infrastructure support organizations.
- These teams should have provided 24x7 engineering and administrative support of data center system performance, growth and new business initiatives.
- The environments should have contained a minimum of 3000 servers.
- 8+ years supervisory or managerial role – recruiting, interviewing, personnel evaluations, and disciplinary matters
- 5+ years participating in complex technology projects or supporting complex (i.e. enterprise) technical infrastructure
- Strong scripting skills (Perl, PowerShell, etc.)
- Familiarity with BMC Remedy and Service Now
- Strong understanding of networking technologies and protocols is highly desired
- Work within a 24x7x365 environment and flexible with schedule including the ability to work on call rotation
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities
ID : #ASK123
Oswald Smith @ Oswalds@askstaffing.com ; 678-279-8101