Data Engineer - Ab Initio Data Analyst
Houston Houston, TX 60007
Job Title: Data Engineer - Ab Initio Data Analyst
Location: Chicago, IL / Houston, TX-60007
About our Client : Our Client is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions – underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network – Our Client works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With approximately 425,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Our Client drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives
We are looking for a Senior Data Engineer to be part of our scrum teams and perform functional & system development for Hadoop applications for our Enterprise Data Lake initiative.
This is high visibility fast paced key initiative will integrate data across internal and external sources, provide analytical insights and integrate with our critical systems.
- Participate in the agile development process
- Develop functional and technical specifications from business requirements for the commercial platform
- Ensure application quality and adherence to performance requirements
- Help create project estimates and plans. Represent engineering team in project meetings and solution discussions
- Participate code review process
- Work with team members to achieve business results in a fast paced and quickly changing environment
- Pair up with data engineers to develop cutting edge Analytic applications leveraging Big Data technologies: Hadoop, NoSQL, and In-memory Data Grids
- Mentor and influence up and down the chain of command
- Perform other duties and/or projects as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field (such as Engineering, Computer Science, Statistics, Econometrics) and a minimum of 10 years of experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working with and developing big data solutions
- Experts in the following Ab Initio tools: GDE – Graphical Development Environment; Co>Operating System ; Control Center; Metadata Hub; Enterprise Meta>Environment; Enterprise Meta>Environment Portal; Acquire>It; Express>It; Conduct>It; Data Quality Environment; Query>It.
- Hands-on experience on writing shell scripts, complex sql queries, Hadoop commands, and Git
- Ability to write abstracted, reusable code components
- Programming experience in at least two of the following languages: Scala, Java or Python
- Strong business acumen
- Critical Thinking and Creativity
- Performance tuning experience
- Experience in developing Hive, Sqoop, Spark, Kafka, HBase on Hadoop
- Familiar with Ab Initio, Hortonworks, Zookeeper, and Oozie is a plus
- Willingness to learn new technologies quickly
- Superior oral, and written communication skills, as well as the willingness to collaborate across teams of internal and external technical staff, business analysts, software support and operations staff.
- Strong business acumen including a broad understanding of Client Financial business processes and practices
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities.
Ram @ email@example.com - 678-487-8570
Rachel @ firstname.lastname@example.org - 678-606-9871