Malvern, Pennsylvania, US - 19355 Malvern, PA 19355
Job Title: Data Engineer
Location: Malvern, Pennsylvania, US - 19355
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 6 Months (Potential For Extension)
About Our Client: Our client, a leader in the financial services industry in Malvern, Pennsylvania has a long term (6 month) contract role available to assist as a Data Engineer.
They will consider candidates out of the general area but should be in same time zone, EST.
- To serve as the point of contact for to internal clients for investment data related inquires and partner with internal teams to ensure integrity of investment and fund data.
- To provide oversight of operational activities to ensure accurate and timely service delivery.
- Provides data domain aligned support to enterprise data clients and stakeholders to enhance investment decisions and fund oversight.
- Serves as the point of contact for to enterprise data consumers for investment data related inquires and partners with internal teams to ensure integrity of investment and fund data.
- Completes daily and ad hoc tasks while working under tight deadlines, managing competing priorities, and analyzing multiple inputs to meet operational objectives.
- Provides oversight of operational activities to ensure accurate and timely data delivery.
- Analyzes and resolves complex data issues supporting Data Management as a process expert per assigned data domain.
- Proactively identifies and leads process enhancement initiatives to gain efficiencies and improve quality.
- Recognizes and resolves roadblocks to maximize team impact. Reviews and performs root cause analysis of data errors and provides short-term and long-term solutions for issues, elevating issues when appropriate.
- Provides direct client support to enhance business decisions, anticipating client's needs and exceeding expectations related to the services being provided.
- Leverages and strengthens network to accelerate issue resolution and to improve quality. Partners with external data vendors and industry contacts to enable best in class data management practices.
- Develops a strong and consistent knowledge of funds and securities assigned and obtains an end-to-end knowledge of the operational processes being supported.
- Understands details driving the operational processes and the portfolio impacts. Maintains a broad and consistent knowledge of investment management landscape.
- Participates in new product implementations and other improvement projects by capturing, documenting, and validating business requirements, ensuring systems are properly set up for go-live.
- Communicates appropriately with all necessary clients and stakeholders.
- Recommends changes that will enhance workflows and procedures.
- Integrates new or existing technologies into workflows and communicates updates to all team members, analyzing impact, preparing environment for change, and updating or creating procedures.
- Undergraduate degree (preferably in accounting, finance, economics, or related field).
- Minimum of three years relevant work experience, including one year of project management experience preferred.
- Excellent analytical capabilities, research, problem solving, and time management skills required.
- Proficiency in Data Management procedures and strong knowledge of data domain workflows preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, and the ability to build solid business relationships.
- Excellent judgment and ability to analyze issues quickly and independently to take appropriate action with minimal supervision.
- Strong, demonstrated problem identification, analysis, and resolution skills.
- Demonstrated ability to function in a fast paced, ambiguous working environment with multiple and diverse responsibilities.
- Advanced knowledge and skills using current versions of the Microsoft Office Suite. Working knowledge of VBA and SQL is a significant plus.
- Detail oriented with a high level of energy. Proven self -starter with ability to work independently and within teams.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment. Demonstrated ability to lead, train, and motivate other peers.
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities
Reach Out To A Recruiter
Recruiter: Sally Parigela