Data Engineer Tech Lead
Houston Houston, TX 60007
Job Title: Data Engineer Tech Lead
Location: Chicago, IL / Houston, TX - 60007
About our Client : Our Client is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions – underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network – Our Client works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With approximately 425,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Our Client drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives
We are looking for a Technical Data Engineer Lead to lead the development of consumer-centric low latency analytic environment leveraging Big Data technologies and transform the legacy systems.
- Lead a development team of big data engineers
- Implement a big data enterprise data lake, BI and analytics system using Hive, Spark, Hadoop
- Responsible for design, advanced development, testing oversight and implementation
- Works closely with program manager, scrum master, and architects to convey technical impacts to development timeline and risks
- Coordinate with data engineers and API developers to drive program delivery.
- Drive technical development and application standards across enterprise data lake
- BS in computer science or engineering degree, Master degree preferred
- 4+ years experienced hands on working experience on Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, MapReduce, HDFS, Hive, Pig, Sqoop, Git and AB Initio.
- 3+ years development experience with Agile
- Implementation and leadership experience across the technology stack.
- Ability to lead and influence across departments and across levels of leaderships
- Proven ability to organize/manage multiple priorities coupled with the flexibility to quickly adapt to ever-changing business needs.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Adept and presenting complex topics, influencing and executing with timely / actionable follow-through.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to convert information into practical deliverables. Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems.
- Experience working in real-time data ingestion is required.
- Experienced in sourcing and processing structured, semi-structured and unstructured data
- Experience in Data Cleansing/Transformation, Performance Tuning.
- Experience in Storm, Kafka, and Flume would be a plus.
- Hortonworks or Cloudera or MapR Certification would be a plus
- Basic knowledge of Big Data administration (Ambari).
- Extensive experience working with data big data platforms
- Demonstrated experience building strong relationships with senior leaders
- Strong leadership and influencing skills
- Outstanding written and verbal skills and the ability to influence and motivate teams
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities.
Ram @ email@example.com - 678-487-8570