Data Engineering ( MS-SQL- Primary
San Jose San Jose, CA 94088
Job Title: Data Engineering ( MS-SQL- Primary &HANA/ Hadoop - Secondary )
Location: San Jose, CA - 94088
About Our Client: Part of the Group, client is a US$4.6 billion company with over 115,000 employees across 90 countries. It provides services to customers which include Fortune 500 companies. It is also one of the Fab 50 companies in Asia, a list compiled by Forbes. client was ranked #5 in India's software services (IT) firms and overall #111 in Fortune India 500 list for 2012. client, on 25 June 2013, announced the completion of a merger with other company.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
MS in Computer Science / related technical field with 5+(level 3) or 10+(level 5) years of strong hands-on experience in enterprise data warehousing / big data implementations & complex data solutions and frameworks
- Strong SQL, ETL, scripting and or programming skills with a preference towards Python, Java, Scala, shell scripting
- Demonstrated ability to clearly form and communicate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong problem-solving skills with an ability to isolate, deconstruct and resolve complex data / engineering challenges
- Results driven with attention to detail, strong sense of ownership, and a commitment to up-leveling the broader IDS engineering team through mentoring, innovation and thought leadership
Nice To Have:
- Demonstrated skill working with SQL and PL/SQL programming.
- Demonstrated skill designing, developing and supporting database applications.
- Performance Tuning of Database Schemas, Databases, SQL, ETL Jobs, and related scripts.
- SQL Server ETL Development experience using SSIS. Strong ETL, data warehouse, T-SQL skills.
- Extensive experience in implementing large scale data warehouse and data mart architecture and implementation.
- Extensive experience on MSBI Stack SQL Server DBMS, SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) is preferred.
- Marketing, Sales, Bookings, and finance Domain expertise is a plus
- Has agile scrum work experience for executing day to day activities and reporting to scrum team.
- Good communication skills across distributed team environment
- Must be self-motivated, responsive, professional and dedicated to customer success
- Familiarity with streaming applications
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities
Yamini: firstname.lastname@example.org - 678-203-2377