Desk Side Engineer
Portsmouth Portsmouth, NH 00000
Job Title: Desk side Engineer
Location: Portsmouth, New Hampshire, US
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 6 Months
About Our Client : Our Client is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions – underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network – Our Client works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With approximately 425,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Our Client drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives
- Accurately testing, identifying, repairing, resolving, and documenting end user technical issues regarding basic network/desktop/laptop support, Printers, Iphone, and LAN cable drops
- Swap-Out and, troubleshoot software issues; Reimaging computers/hard drives
- IMACD function including installation and decommission
- Backing up and restoring user data where requested by Client. Supplier shall not be liable for the data loss. Supplier is NOT responsible for the condition of the data transferred/recovered before or after diagnostics and repair.
- Assist Service Desk/Remote Desktop Support teams for hands and feet coordination efforts
- Assist on Incident and Problem Management activities
- Taking ownership of issues through to resolution on all appropriate requests
- Categorize and prioritize end user support requests (Incidents) and Service Requests by utilizing ticketing system to track tickets and provide up-to-date status and information
- Move equipment associated with escalated help desk Incidents and Service Requests
- Performing asset inventory activities where requested by Client.
- Work with procurement staff to purchase hardware and software
- Maintain spare parts/ inventory list monthly and coordinate for any disposal requisites
- Provide support, setup, test, training, logistics and maintenance of all required Workstation and peripheral equipment at the site.
- Adhere to ticket response and resolution SLA's as agreed upon.
- Basic understanding of DHCP, DNS, IP addressing and sub netting & Basic understanding of fixing Wireless LAN, Ethernet desktop configuration issues
- Maintain the reliability and viability of the company’s computers, computing systems, and network infrastructure.
- Track server activity, performing upgrades of software, maintaining computer hardware, addressing questions about technical problems, and improving efficiency by evaluating system and network functions.
- To assist in the installation of various computers, computing systems, networks, telecommunications and video components.
- Ensure that server best practices are being meet.
- Contributing in preparing knowledge base article
Expected Engineer capability/Experience:
- At least 6-10 years of experience in the field or in a related area required
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.)
- Strong Microsoft Operating System installation and troubleshooting skills
- Strong Break / Fix skills Desktops, Workstations, Notebooks and Printers and Handhelds
- Broad experience of IT with good understanding of Networks, Servers and Telecoms
- Strong Client service skills
- Ability to provide consistent, excellent Client support to entire staff, representing a variety of personalities and management levels
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be detail oriented and self-motivating
- Basic Background security check required
- Experience including remote control of PCs and video conferencing knowledge
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science related field or related work experience.
- MCSA certification preferable.
- Hands-on knowledge of Windows Server administration.
- Hands-on knowledge of Exchange and SMTP.
- Intermediate knowledge of directory services, Active Directory and Open Directory.
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities
Reach Out To A Recruiter
Recruiter: Mukesh Sharma