Desk Side Engineer
Salem Salem, NC 27105
Job Title: Desk Side Engineer
Location: Salem, NC - 27105
Duration: 6 months
About Our Client : Our Client is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions – underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network – Our Client works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With approximately 425,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Our Client drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives
Minimum Of 2 Years’ Technical Experience In Providing Field Support Which Includes:
- PC hardware repair (Dell/Lenovo)
- Windows system support
- OS X Support (10% of techs should have this skill
- Software installation/troubleshooting
- Performing Tech Refresh
- Mobile device support (iOS/iPhone/iPads) – excluding warranty hardware repair
- Asset tracking
- Stock room management
- Basic support in Video conferencing equipment
General Core Competencies To Be Considered When Hiring:
- Customer focused – Customer is #1 Attitude
- Personal accountability for results
- Detail oriented
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- High integrity
The Following Educational/Technical Certifications Are Preferred:
- Technical degree (i.e. Associates, Bachelors, etc.) or equivalent in years of experience in Field Support
- Dell/Lenovo hardware certifications
- Technical certifications (e.g. A+, MCDST, MCP, MCSA, etc.).
- Candidate has a professional appearance (i.e. grooming, clothing, etc.).
Roles And Responsibilities:
- Accurately test, identify, repair, resolve and document end user technical issues for basic desktop/laptop/workstation support, basic connectivity support (wired and wireless), PDAs, BlackBerrys and basic printer support.
- BCBSNC Owned Equipment
- Apple support – Smart hands and feet, also coordination w BCBS Apple team.
- Questions about nonstandard equipment should be brought to HCL management’s attention
- Troubleshoot and resolve software issues.
- Ability to install, configure, reconfigure or reinstall software including remote support
- Update the tickets in ITSM & work on tickets within the defined service levels
- Appropriate notes required
- HOLD reason notes required
- Missed schedule date notes required
- Ticket transfer reason notes required
- Identify tickets that should be project and provide info to the Project Management team
- Reimaging computers/hard drives in accordance with customer standards
- IMACD function including installation and decommission.
- Backing up and restoring settings and associated systems administration activities
- Drive end to end ownership of issues to provide a resolution for all requests and incidents.
- Categorize and prioritize end user support requests and service requests by utilizing ticketing system to track tickets and provide up-to-date status and information.
- Move equipment associated with escalated help desk incidents and service requests
- Perform asset inventory activities to maintain accuracy.
- Trains and orients staff on use of hardware and software.
- Recommends and / or performs upgrades on systems to ensure longevity.
- Other tasks as assigned by Site Lead/Regional Lead.
- Work w the team/partner w HCL SD/ATS/FSS teams to improve service.
- Maintain a clean work environment.
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities
Joseph Jallu @ Josephj@askstaffing.com - +1 678-310-2648