Desk side Engineer
Fortmill Fortmill, SC 29715
Job Title: Desk Side Engineer
Location: Fortmill , South Carolina , US - 29715
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 6 Months
About Our Client : Our Client is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions – underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network – Our Client works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With approximately 425,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Our Client drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives
Desk Side Engineer Role (FTE):
- This position assists customers, end users with technical support of desktop computers, applications, and related technology. Interaction with multiple levels of end users, managers, VIPs and local technical staff is required.
- Support includes specification, installation, and testing of computer systems and peripherals within established standards and guidelines.
- Activities require interaction with application software and operating systems to diagnose and resolve unique, non-recurring problems.
- A good understanding of general IT services is required. “Smart Hands” services and cooperation with subject matter experts to provide “eyes, hands and feet” in support of Networking Equipment, Servers, Telecoms and other IT related equipment.
- Accurately testing, identifying, repairing, resolving, and documenting end user technical issues for basic desktop/laptop/workstation support, basic connectivity support (wired and wireless), PDAs, BlackBerrys and basic printer support.
Duties Include (But Are Not Limited To):
- Troubleshooting and resolving software issues. Ability to install, configure, reconfigure or reinstall software including remote support
- Reimaging computers/hard drives in accordance with customer standards
- IMACD function including installation and decommission.
- Backing up and restoring settings and associated systems administration activities
- Taking ownership of issues from end-to-end to reach a resolution for all appropriate requests and incidents.
- Categorize and prioritize end user support requests and service requests by utilizing a Remedy ticketing system to track tickets and provide up-to-date status and information.
- Move equipment associated with escalated help desk incidents and service requests
- Performing asset inventory activities as needed.
- Trains and orients staff on use of hardware and software.
- Recommends and / or performs upgrades on systems to ensure longevity.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Good communications skills
- Have basic networking Knowledge on Avaya/Cisco.
- Should have worked on Digital and IP Phones Movement
- Should have knowledge on Cabling, MDF and IDF.
- Experience on VOIP phones.
- At least 1-3 years of experience in the field or in a related area required
- Dell Certified Technician for ordering parts through OEM and parts replacement
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Outlook, Word, and Excel)
- Strong Microsoft operating System installation and troubleshooting skills
- Strong Break / Fix skills Desktops, Workstations, Notebooks and Printers
- Broad experience in IT related services with basic understanding of Networks, Intel Servers and Telecoms
- UNIX first level troubleshooting and software loading.
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to provide consistent, excellent customer support to entire staff, representing a variety of personalities and management levels
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be detail oriented and self-motivating
- Ability to successfully pass a background security check
- Experience including remote control of PCs and video conferencing knowledge
- Handling of Tape Media and basic Back-ups loading and loading techniques
- Rotational On-call for executive support
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities
Reach Out To A Recruiter
Recruiter: Mukesh Sharma