Deskside Support / OSS
Columbus Columbus, NE 00000
Job Title: Deskside Support / OSS
Location: Columbus , NE
Duration: Contract to Hire
About Our Client : Our Client is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions – underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network – Our Client works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With approximately 425,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Our Client drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives
As a member of the On Site Service (OSS) team associate will provides quality support with a high degree of customer service, technical expertise and timeliness. This position has frequent contact with users, peers and managers through telephone support (help desk) and field support (service requests and on site problem resolution). Works in a team environment to resolve customer problems and supports other members of the Desktop Services department in providing customer support. Provide hands-on support to other IT teams including but not limited to Network Services, Business Applications, and other IT teams.
Duties And Responsibilities:
- Researches, resolves and responds to complex questions received via telephone calls or escalations, and provides support on services in accordance with current standards. Follows up with user to ensure problem is resolved satisfactorily.
- Acquires and maintains knowledge of relevant product offerings, current support policies, and methods of support delivery, in order to provide technically accurate solutions to users.
- Develops and provides technical coaching and mentoring to other desktop services staff and company associates.
- May act as product liaison for major products, working with other areas of IT, other departments and third-party vendors to solve technical issues as needed.
- Installs new or upgraded hardware/software as assigned via service requests. Coordinates installation with the user and follows up to insure customer satisfaction.
- Must be able to manually lift up to thirty (30) pounds when moving and repositioning personal computers and ancillary equipment.
- Provide accurate and timely logging of customer incidents and tasks to meet agreed upon service levels.
- Demonstrate initiative and act independently to resolve problems.
- Participate as a member of the rotating IT on-call team that provides 24 hour support to internal customers, not all site require on-call participation.
- Participate in team projects as requested.
Education And Experience:
- Technical degree with 3 years of technical experience; or high school diploma/GED with 5 years of technical experience.
- Minimal 3 years experience in hardware, software and networking implementation and troubleshooting in a helpdesk environment.
- Must possess established customer service skills through 3 years of professional customer service experience.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and follow through on projects to completion.
- Ability to work with customers and achieve successful outcomes in handling difficult situations.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of customers by phone, in person or via e-mail.
- Capability to work effectively as a team member, as well as independently on multiple projects.
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities
Joseph Jallu @ Josephj@askstaffing.com Direct: +1 678-310-2648