Desktop Support - Help Desk/Desktop Support
Mooresville Mooresville, NC 28115
Job Title: Desktop Support - Help Desk/Desktop Support
Location: Mooresville, NC - 28115
About Our Client: Part of the Group, client is a US$4.6 billion company with over 115,000 employees across 90 countries. It provides services to customers which include Fortune 500 companies. It is also one of the Fab 50 companies in Asia, a list compiled by Forbes. client was ranked #5 in India's software services (IT) firms and overall #111 in Fortune India 500 list for 2012. client, on 25 June 2013, announced the completion of a merger with other company.
- Provide routine IT support on hardware and software utilized by the organization. This will entail maintaining PCs, troubleshooting network connectivity, setting up new employee/contractor, and providing prompt customer service.
- Take initial telephone or e-mail inquiries and troubleshoot appropriately.
- Manage relatively simple hardware, software, or network problems that can be resolved within 5 minutes.
- Log call activity
- Resolve more complex issues requiring detailed systems and applications knowledge. These issues may require 5 to 15 minutes to settle.
- Use judgment and decision making skills to generate a work order ticket for issues that cannot be resolved via telephoneor e-mail and will require an on-site visit to the user’s PC or workstation.
- Requires a college degree in an IT Technology field or equivalent experience
- 5-8 years of commensurate and progressive growth experience in a Help Desk or Help Desk technical support environment
- 2-3 years experience with Crystal Reports Development and standard metrics reporting requirements.
- Must have basic knowledge of PC hardware, MS Office, basic printer troubleshooting skills, ghosting software, and knowledge of web browsers.
- Certified Knowledge Management; A+ and/ or Net+ Certification.
- Help Desk Experience or Knowledge Management Administration preferred.
- Familiar with ITIL process and environment.
- Familiar with support of e-commerce or e-business web sites.
- Knowledge of script writing or SQL, Access, PERL and/or JAVA.
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities.
Yamini: firstname.lastname@example.org - 678-203-2377