Desktop Support L2
Morristown Morristown, NJ 07960
Job Title: Desktop Support L2
Location: Morristown, NJ - 07960
Duration: 12+ Months Contract
About our Client : Our Client is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions – underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network – Our Client works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With approximately 425,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Our Client drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives
This position assists staff with technical support of desktop computers, applications, and related technology. Support includes specification, installation, and testing of computer systems and peripherals within established standards and guidelines. Activities require interaction with application software and operating systems to diagnose and resolve unique, non-recurring problems.
Main Responsibilities include:
- Accurately testing, identifying, repairing, resolving, and documenting end user technical issues regarding /desktop support, printers, handhelds, Smart phones, iPADs
- Hands on role where expected to provide 1st line IT support services to the business community ensuring that all requirements are met within agreed service targets
- To provide infrastructure administration functions
- Providing on-site cover as part of a shift arrangement
- Being prepared to work out of hours when required and to provide out of hours on-call support cover as required
- Troubleshooting and resolving software issues; reimaging computers/hard drives Backing up and restoring settings and associated systems administration activities
- Taking ownership of issues through to resolution on all appropriate requests.
- Categorize and prioritize end user support requests and service requests by utilizing a Customer ticketing system to track tickets and provide up-to-date status and information.
- Move equipment associated with escalated help desk incidents and service requests
- Performing asset inventory activities as needed.
- Trains and orients staff on use of hardware and software.
- Recommends and / or performs upgrades on systems (Workstations & Printers) to ensure longevity.
- This position requires the ability to work in a project-based environment requiring flexibility and teamwork. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent skills in user IT infrastructure – Desktops, Laptops, Printers, Handhelds, Smartphone etc.
- Strong technical skills in Microsoft Windows desktop operating systems and business productivity applications i.e. Office
- Administration experience of MS Active Directory users & groups, policies and management concepts
- Effective communication by Engineer in English and local languages is mandatory
Qualification and Experience:
- Diploma or Engineering degree along with MSCE or CNE qualification
- Minimum 5 years related field experience in End User support including VIP support
- Installation and configuration – Desktop / laptop/ Printer/ Server/ Networks etc.
- Substantial experience Desktop, Workstations, Notebooks and Printers management
- Certified Windows Administration
- Supporting Windows core technologies
- Collaboration experience including remote control of PCs and video conferencing knowledge
- Deliverables to include ensuring the proper levels of run and maintain support and hands-on assistance for IT infrastructure projects /upgrades (workstations)
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Outlook, Word, and Excel)
- Thorough understanding of Outlook's calendaring tool
- Understanding of Exchange functional accounts and how they are used within Microsoft technologies
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to provide consistent, excellent customer support to entire staff, representing a variety of personalities and management levels
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (English and local language)
- Must be detail oriented and self-motivating
- Experience of managing and leading a geographically and culturally diverse team
- Background security check is mandatory
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities
Jeff Kasula @ firstname.lastname@example.org ; 415-200-4127