Desktop Support Lead
Dallas Dallas, TX 75001
Job Title: Desktop Support Lead
Location: Dallas, TX - 75001
Duration: 6+ months
About our Client : Our Client is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions – underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network – Our Client works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With approximately 425,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Our Client drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives
Desktop Engineering SME
This role will be to provide overall desktop engineering support for Transformation Projects and Lead Transitions. The position will assist in execution of Windows 10 Deployments in Enterprise Environment using industry best practices, Strong Scripting Skills are must to have .
The successful candidate must be capable of providing optimum customer service to a wide variety of users through professional commitment and dedication. This candidate must also be able to adapt to change and learn quickly in a highly dynamic environment. The job may require frequent travel (40%-70%) .
Desired Skills & Experience
- Defining Windows 10 Roll out Planning and Strategy for customer
- Providing Pre-Sales Support and Create Solutions as per Customer Requirements
- Lead and Implement Windows 10 deployment Projects
- Lead in Performing Transition for Desktop Support¥Desktop Engineering Function from existing team to new Clients teams
- Working in an Application Packaging role for standardized and ‘locked down’ environment.
- Well versed with Application Installation/Removal methods.
- Experience of user acceptance testing (UAT).
- BMC Marimba and SCCM L1 & L2 administration knowledge .
- Knowledge of Windows 7 and 8 and working experience in windows 10 builds
- Knowledge of UNIX, Linux.
- Knowledge in Application Troubleshooting.
- Active Directory and Group Policy.
- Scripting (Batch, VBScript).
- Understand and isolate application and OS compatibility issues.
- 2nd and 3rd line Desktop Support.
- Open and close service requests, as well as manage the classification, assignment, tracking, and completion of requests or incidents
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to update various stake holders on progress
- Ensure that patch levels are properly assigned and updated into our management system
- Provide weekly reports on total number of request received and progress.
- Ensure that resolutions are consistent with company standards and policies
- Prefer at least 5 years IT experience, strong windows 10 deployment experience including experience in core area of image, app builds and the implementation, and administration
- Strong Scripting Knowledge
- Strong working experience in managing and maintaining deployment tool platform (SCCM ,Marimba )
- Deployment experience and troubleshooting large scale to small scale failures.
- Understands end user computing environment and has the ability to provide guidance and recommendations to customer based on industry best practices for Windows OS Management, including software deployments, patch management, and OS Deployment
- Experience with desktop deployment automation architecture, design/migration and troubleshooting.
- Good Knowledge in Software Distribution, Patch Management, Reporting, RBAC.
- Proficiency in SQL to write reports and troubleshoot issues, support creation of custom inventories.
- Experience with MDT/WAIK/Hardware independent imaging for deployment of Windows 7/10.
- Windows 10 -APPX packages knowledge
- Experience to setup and defined the variables
- Experience in UDI installation methods.
- Good experience in Answer files customization.
- Good Knowledge Windows 10 provision packages
- Tools MDT,WDS,PXE Boot
- Hands on experience scripting powershell, python for automation (packaging)
- Creation and maintenance of SCCM, Marimba packages/applications, collections, advertisements, queries, and inventory software packages
- Scripting (Batch, VBScript) knowledge is a must
- Knowledge in MDT, WDS, PXE Boot
- Knowledge to execute through remote/citrix and other virtual environments.
- Well versed with group policy and configurations.
- Comfortable with citrix and virtual desktop concepts including hands on software deployments and troubleshooting in desktop virtualization and thin client technologies.
- Knowledge of Windows (including portables) and Microsoft Office suite of applications remotely deploy MSI, EXE, MSP batch installations through
- Experience with using PC-based spreadsheet software sufficient to develop formulas, complete calculations across multiple worksheets, and use functions preferred
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities
Vincent Gandra @ email@example.com ; 678-250-9919