Desktop Support Technician
Houston, Texas, US - 77036 Houston, TX 77036
Job Title: Desktop Support Technician
Location: Houston, Texas, US - 77036
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 6 + Months
About Our Client : Our Client is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions – underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network – Our Client works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With approximately 425,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Our Client drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives
- Accurately testing, identifying, repairing, resolving, and documenting end user technical issues regarding /desktop support, printers, handhelds, Smart phones, iPADs.
- Hands on role where expected to provide 1st line IT support services to the business community ensuring that all requirements are met within agreed service targets
- To provide infrastructure administration functions
- Providing on-site cover as part of a shift arrangement
- Being prepared to work out of hours when required and to provide out of hours on-call support cover as required
- Troubleshooting and resolving software issues; reimaging computers/hard drives Backing up and restoring settings and associated systems administration activities
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Outlook, Word, and Excel)
- Thorough understanding of Outlook's calendaring tool
- Understanding of Exchange functional accounts and how they are used within Microsoft technologies.
- Taking ownership of issues through to resolution on all appropriate requests.
- Categorize and prioritize end user support requests and service requests by utilizing a Customer ticketing system to track tickets and provide up-to-date status and information.
- Move equipment associated with escalated help desk incidents and service requests
- Performing asset inventory activities as needed.
- Recommends and / or performs upgrades on systems (Workstations & Printers) to ensure longevity.
- This position requires the ability to work in a project-based environment requiring flexibility and teamwork. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Diploma or Bachelor’s/Engineering degree or equivalent wok experience.
- 2-4 Years’ Experience in Function
- Experience with Microsoft technologies including Active Directory and Group Policy.
- Must have strong verbal and technical writing communication skills.
- Excellent prioritization, attention to detail, time management, problem solving skills, and commitment to quality and solution-oriented service are required.
- Ability to work with minimal direction, either independently or as part of a team.
- Installation and configuration – Desktop / laptop/ Printer/ Server/ Networks etc.
- Strong technical skills in Microsoft Windows desktop operating systems and business productivity applications i.e. Office
- Collaboration experience including remote control of PCs and video conferencing knowledge
- Knowledge of MS Active Directory users & groups, policies and management concepts
- Effective communication by Engineer in English and local languages is mandatory
- Asset management systems
- Windows OS System Image Deployment
- Windows Patching
- ITSM ticket system experience
- Hardware/ Software troubleshooting and repair skills on:
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities
Reach Out To A Recruiter
Recruiter: Jeff Kasula