Salt lake city, Utah, US - 84116 Salt Lake City, UT 84116
Job Title: Desktop Support
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, US - 84116
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 6 Months
- As a member of the On Site Service (OSS) team associate will provides quality support with a high degree of customer service, technical expertise and timeliness.
- This position has frequent contact with users, peers and managers through telephone support (help desk) and field support (service requests and on site problem resolution).
- Works in a team environment to resolve customer problems and supports other members of the Desktop Services department in providing customer support.
- Provide hands-on support to other IT teams including but not limited to Network Services, Business Applications, and other IT teams.
- Researches, resolves and responds to complex questions received via telephone calls or escalations, and provides support on services in accordance with current standards. Follows up with user to ensure problem is resolved satisfactorily.
- Acquires and maintains knowledge of relevant product offerings, current support policies, and methods of support delivery, in order to provide technically accurate solutions to users.
- Develops and provides technical coaching and mentoring to other desktop services staff and company associates.
- May act as product liaison for major products, working with other areas of IT, other departments and third-party vendors to solve technical issues as needed.
- Installs new or upgraded hardware/software as assigned via service requests. Coordinates installation with the user and follows up to insure customer satisfaction.
- Must be able to manually lift up to thirty (30) pounds when moving and repositioning personal computers and ancillary equipment.
- Provide accurate and timely logging of customer incidents and tasks to meet agreed upon service levels.
- Demonstrate initiative and act independently to resolve problems.
- Participate as a member of the rotating IT on-call team that provides 24 hour support to internal customers, not all site require on call participation.
- Participate in team projects as requested.
- Technical degree with 3 years of technical experience; or high school diploma/GED with 5 years of technical experience.
- Minimal 3 years experience in hardware, software and networking implementation and troubleshooting in a helpdesk environment.
- Must possess established customer service skills through 3 years of professional customer service experience.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and follow through on projects to completion.
- Ability to work with customers and achieve successful outcomes in handling difficult situations.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of customers by phone, in person or via e-mail.
- Capability to work effectively as a team member, as well as independently on multiple projects.
Reach Out To A Recruiter
Recruiter: Christa Pallapothu