Development / Manufacturing Engineer
Irwindale Irwindale, CA 91706
Job Title: Development / Manufacturing Engineer
Location: Irwindale, CA- 91706
Duration: 1 Year
About Our Client : Our Client is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions – underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network – Our Client works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With approximately 425,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Our Client drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives
- Lead component development activities within New Product Development projects
- Work with our Supply Base to provide plastics components and sub-assemblies that meet established cost, quality, and performance requirements.
- Provide project planning, design support, process development knowledge, and qualification / validation / stabilization execution.
- Utilize their prior work experience, Design for Manufacturing & Assembly (DFMA) techniques, Lean Six Sigma process knowledge, and the Failure Mode Effects Analysis (FMEA) tool to drive the product design to its most efficient outcome.
- Have significant experience with several of the following plastic manufacturing processing technologies like injection molding, plastic extrusion, compression molding etc.
- 4-year degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering.
- A minimum of (5) years of work experience in manufacturing process development or operations is required.
- Prior experience with Plastic component manufacturing processes is required
- Application of statistical analysis techniques are required (Design of Experiments, Process Stability / Control / Capability methods, etc.)
- Development and Application of gauging techniques and subsequent Measurement Systems Analyses (G&RR) is required.
- Prior experience in New Product Development, Project Management, and Risk Management experience is preferred.
- Experience within a medical device production environment or other regulated environment is preferred.
- Previous experience with Design for Manufacturing & Assembly (DFMA) and Failure Mode Effects Analysis (FMEA) is preferred.
- Experience with tooling design / build of injection molding, extrusion, plastic welding and joining methods is needed
- Experience with Process Excellence Six Sigma, Green Belt or Black Belt is preferred.
- Knowledge of GD&T (ASME Y14.5) is preferred.
Technical / Soft Skills:
- Component Development Engineering (Plastics) – (Skilled in Component qualification, PPAP, APQP etc.)
- Design for Manufacturing (DFM) – (Plastics manufacturing processes like, injection molding, plastic extrusion, compression molding etc)
- Design for Assembly (DFA)
Technical / Soft Skills:
- Medical device development – (Handheld medical device design/development experience is a plus)
- NPD/ Cost out experience – (Hands on experience with New product development (NPD) or Cost out (Change Management) execution)
- Six Sigma Green (or) Black Belt – (Practical experience in applying statistical tools & techniques for engineering product development environment)
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities
Leah Sunkara @ Leahs@askstaffing.com - 678-250-9922