Dual Skill Designer
Redmond Redmond, WA 98008
Job Title: Dual Skill Designer
Location: Redmond, WA
Duration: Direct Hire
About Client: Partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper` and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. Company has 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia.
- The Dual Skill Designer position develops innovative, cost effective, visually appealing and structurally sound point of point of purchase displays and merchandising solutions utilizing the dual skill set of both structural and graphic design.
- Interact with Account Executives and customers to ascertain design needs and creative objectives
- Perform Graphic Designer duties, as required, including developing projects using standard techniques: ideation/concept development(sketching and/or digital), 3D modeling/rendering (Strata, Form Z), graphic layout/messaging (CS5), 2D visual capabilities, pre-press art verification (image corrections, proofing, production ready print files), produce comps
- Prepare graphic design files for proofing, mock-up, and final output; coordinate with customer’s graphics department as needed
- Perform Structural Designer duties, as required, including conveying concepts with quick sketches (fast and fluid), and CAD (Artios) visualization; producing samples and mock ups using various techniques and skills such as Drafting (2D/3D), Foam Core model making, various knife tools and cutting tables (Konsberg/DataTech Tables); creating promotional materials and developing Bill of Material (BOM), POG, Specifications, Palletization, Cape-Tops
- Responsible for project development record keeping, file naming/part numbering, utilizing project management system
- Work collaboratively with Design Manager, Sales personnel and other designers and offices to develop customer programs; participate in or lead project review meetings with Sales, Project management and other designers
- Develop presentation material and assist with the presentation of abstract ideas, as well as formal presentations in a variety of settings (one-on-one, small and large groups to include peers, supervisors and clients); manage presentation process as needed
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in Industrial Design, Packaging Design, Graphic Design or Fine Arts is required
- Prior point of purchase display experience is preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. May require the ability to write routine reports and correspondence. May require the ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of and basic computer skills, and a proficiency in Artios CAD software, and vector based and pixel based programs such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and Strata, as well as Microsoft Office Suite
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities
Anjali @ email@example.com; 972-474-6777