ENS (Edge Network Services) Data Center engineer
Fort Worth Fort Worth, TX 76006
Job Title: ENS (Edge Network Services) Data Center engineer
Location: Fort Worth, Texas - 76006
Duration: Full time only
About our Client : Our Client is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions – underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network – Our Client works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With approximately 425,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Our Client drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives
While working in ENS -DC, our duty is to provide break-fix services across the production data center network. Maintaining the fleet requires to monitor, react, respond, troubleshoot, and fix issues across network devices. This includes but is not limited to Cisco, Juniper, Arista switches and routers. The ENS DC Team identifies what pieces and parts have failed, and then fix or replace those parts to ensure the network devices run optimally and redundantly. This includes both hardware and link troubleshooting.
- Install large-scale production and corporate network infrastructure including routers, switches, console servers and optical transport equipment.
- Physically troubleshoot various network components on network infrastructure including routers, switches, console servers and optical transport equipment.
- Provide onsite network support and expertise for all teams on the local data center. And act as a liaison for remote networking teams.
- Physical, hands-on, replacement of: optics, line cards, supervisor cards, and chassis based hardware.
- Troubleshooting network link/device/configuration issues, isolating the problem, fixing the problem.
- Creating new RMA requests through OEM vendors for both replacement devices, as well as obtaining technical assistance when troubleshooting devices.
- Tracking, maintaining and updating asset inventory of defective and replacement parts.
- Tracing and isolating cables through patch panels.
- Testing and cleaning fiber optic cables, and optical interfaces.
- Schedule and perform network maintenance, repair, and upgrade tasks as needed while limiting the impact on the production network
- Use internal automation software, tools, and scripts to configure, monitor, and repair network equipment
- Working with cross functional teams, including facilities, cabling, and server teams.
- Perform queue management for alarms, tasks, and incidents and participate in on- going deployment projects
- The job does require significant time standing, walking and even lifting. This is not a position for someone habitually located at a desk.
- Strong working knowledge of Linux OS, CLI navigation, Cisco IOS, JUNOS and bash.
- Physical audits of inventory and updating asset inventory database
- The ideal candidate will have 7+ years’ experience in data center network support
- Experience with Cisco and Juniper Enterprise and Service Provider network hardware platforms and architectures including data center switching platforms.
- Strong working knowledge of routing and switching technologies and protocols.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze complex situations and utilize troubleshooting skills, systems and tools, and creative problem solving abilities under pressure.
- Looking for those network / data center engineers that like blinky lights.
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities
Ram Manturu @ firstname.lastname@example.org - 678-487-8570