ENS MACD Network Engineer
Fremont Fremont, CA 94536
Job Title: ENS MACD Network Engineer
Location: Fremont, CA - 94536
Duration: 12+ Months
About our Client : Our Client is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions – underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network – Our Client works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With approximately 425,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Our Client drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives
ENS MACD team members are tasked with the preparation for and execution of projects for installing, replacing, maintaining, and enhancing customer equipment located in POP sites around the world.
- Install, configure and support large-scale production and corporate network infrastructure including routers, switches, console servers and optical transport equipment.
- Troubleshoot network hardware and software, working with 3rd party hardware vendors and suppliers on root cause analysis and resolution.
- Troubleshoot and repair local and long-haul circuits, working with both internal resources and 3rd party vendors to isolate and resolve cabling issues.
- Schedule and perform network maintenance, repair, and upgrade tasks as needed while limiting the impact on the production network.
- Use internal software, tools, and scripts to configure, monitor, and repair network equipment.
- Perform queue management for alarms, tasks, and incidents and participate in ongoing deployment projects
- Troubleshooting network link/device/configuration issues, isolating the problem, fixing the problem.
- Creating new RMA requests through OEM vendors for both replacement devices, as well as obtaining technical assistance when troubleshooting devices.
- Verify capacity, draining traffic, suppressing alarms before replacing; optics, line cards, sup cards.
- Tracking, maintaining and updating asset inventory of defective and replacement parts.
- Troubleshooting, tracing, looping links to locate the physical issue.
- The ideal candidate will have 7+ years’ experience in networks installation, configuration, and support.
- Experience with Cisco Nexus/ASR, Arista and Juniper Enterprise and Service Provider network hardware platforms and architectures including data center switching platforms.
- Strong working knowledge of routing and switching technologies and protocols.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze complex situations and utilize troubleshooting skills, systems and tools, and creative problem solving abilities under pressure.
- Strong working knowledge of Linux OS and CLI navigation.
- Working knowledge of POP facilities.
- Knowledge of Optic Modules, fiber optic cabling.
- Knowledge of Routing Protocols: BGP/OSPF/MPLS/ISIS/DWDM.
- POPs (Point of presences)
- Juniper (PTX/QFX/MX Series)/Arista (7k, 3k)/Linux console servers (ZPE/Avocent)
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities
Jeff Kasula @ firstname.lastname@example.org - 415-200-4127