Electrical Mechanical Maintenance Technician
Denver Denver, CO 80216
Job Title: Electrical Mechanical Maintenance Technician
Location: Norcross Georgia - 30071
Duration: 5 Month contract to hire
About Our Client: Partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper` and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. Company has 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia.
Description: We like to think about our Maintenance Mechanic position as having 2 major buckets: Repair, and Preventative Maintenance. In addition, they do many other things, but these are the areas that a majority of their time is spent.
Most likely 2nd shift 2pm-10pm. However, once we’re fully staffed, we will be opening a 3rd shift 10pm – 6am, and their may be an opening on that shift. Since we are union, the 3rd shift will be offered to the rest of the department first in order of seniority.
Duties Of The Job:
- Complete a “Maintenance Task Hazard Assessment” for each non-routine task.
- Respond to emergency machine breakdowns in a timely manner.
- Completes assigned tasks correctly and within the allotted time.
- Perform Preventive Maintenance duties on facility equipment Common Troubleshooting and repair of AC / DC drives, PLC’s, electrical systems, electrical equipment, piping systems, plant machinery and plant equipment.
- Locate, diagnose and repair malfunctions of Hydraulic systems, Pneumatic systems, Water & Starch piping systems, including pumps, valves, and cylinders.
- Perform various inspections and testing on plant systems, machinery and equipment.
- Repair, maintain, and install gas, LP and electrical engines/systems on forklifts.
- Performs carpentry, i.e., form building, structural steel, concrete, etc.
- Assist with operation of laptop computers for required troubleshooting of PLC controlled systems.
- Assist with plant layouts and wiring installations.
- Perform necessary procedures to maintain parts stores inventory system.
- Perform cleanup of job site prior to and after completing repairs.
- Perform general housekeeping duties and other duties as assigned by supervision.
On The Job Requirements:
- Must participate in and successfully complete training programs to include; NFPA 70E electrical training, out of plant and in-plant instruction, CPR & First-aid qualification training, Must become a member of the emergency response team, vendor training, OSHA and weekly safety related training, etc.
- Must operate power hand tools and equipment, e.g., drills, saws, pipe benders and threaders, etc.
- Must be able to read rule and “take” or “make” a measurement.
- Must have or obtain own tools and a lockable tool box.
- Must be able to work alone with minimum supervision in a team concept.
- Must have and maintain a good attendance and performance record.
- Must lift 50-70 lbs. regularly, e.g., motors, pumps, circuit breakers, pipes, valves, etc.
- Must do considerable amount of bending, stooping, reaching, turning and twisting.
- Must climb and work in high places, e.g., cherry picker, ladders, man lifts, mezzanine, etc.
- If Qualified, Must work in confined places, e.g., starch tanks, etc.
- Must work in hot areas.
- Must work with hazardous materials, e.g., corrosive acids, resins, gases, etc.
- Must wear protective equipment and clothing. (Will be required to wear F/R uniforms) Must read, interpret, scale, and re-scale blueprints, operating manuals, and schematic diagrams.
- Must show mechanical and logical problem solving ability.
- Must drive.
- Must have a telephone and live within a reasonable commuting distance of the plant.
- Expected to respond to call-ins, overtime, Sundays, holidays, and other shifts as required.
- Must have a minimum of one year experience in an industrial maintenance related field.
- Must be able to lift 50-70 lbs. regularly.
- Must be able to distinguish colors.
- Must have flexibility, reach and body height consistent with job responsibilities.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Must obtain and maintain a valid forklift license.
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities
Vito @ email@example.com - 702-827-0376