Electronics Systems Engineer
Springfield Springfield, TN 37172
Job Title: Electronics Systems Engineer
Location: Springfield, Tennessee, US - 37172
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 6+ Months
About Our Client : Our Client is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions – underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network – Our Client works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With approximately 425,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Our Client drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives
- Responsible for initial translation of customer needs (internal or external) as communicated by process partners into product technical specifications and design objectives.
- Creates specifications relative to assigned project utilizing inputs from Product Line, Marketing, Design, Usability, Quality, etc.
- Translates input to technical specifications used by design engineers to achieve results.
- Works as part of a global team with systems engineers in other regions to identify features, functions and modules that are candidates to be used in all regions.
- Creates, releases, and maintains specifications based on these global requirements that will drive a common implementation across all regions.
- Scopes new projects, including requirement collection, requirement analysis, system architecture direction, resources, general timing, and technical risk.
- Provides technical guidance relative to features and new technologies prior to finalizing project charter and team assignment.
- Release system technical specifications and aligns it with product architecture, module area leaders and technology teams.
- Works with electromechanical and controls engineers to define required interfaces with controls and incorporates into product specifications.
- Develops initial test plan to help define technical path and testing time.
- Defines which global and regional specifications and design guidelines should be applied to the product as part of the initial test plan development including local, regional, or country wide product requirements as well as safety agency standards.
- Identifies gaps within the test plan based on project scope, and develops new specifications to close those identified gaps.
- Participates in Technical Design Previews to provide guidance on direction and test plan validation.
- Assists design teams with DFMEA development as systems subject matter expert.
- Interface with Marketing, Manufacturing, Quality, Purchasing, Service, and Outside Suppliers to provide or obtain necessary information and design input.
- Provide timely communication as to project status and deliverables.
- Perform any and all functions as outlined by Engineering Management; lead or participate in special function teams and support production as required.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering or a related field
- Minimum 5 to 7 years’ experience in product design related field
- Appliance product design related experience preferred
- Understanding of engineering, manufacturing and assembly principles.
- Experience with advanced UI and GUI development is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities Required:
- Ability to interpret schematics and basic understanding of software design
- Knowledge and experience of testing Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) preferred
- Experience with agency and normative requirements preferred
- Experience in embedded product development preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communications
- Exceptional Problem Solving Skills
- Strong aptitude for attention to details
- Communicate clearly and concisely verbally and in writing
- Mature thinking and professional presentation with common sense and judgment in a broad business perspective;
- Proven presence that commands the respect and trust of customers and employees at all levels with the organization;
- Highly intelligent, perceptive individual who possesses excellent conceptual, analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills;
- Possess the flexibility in reacting to new situations and adaptability for working in a new environment;
- Strong results orientation and positive "can do " attitude with a sense of urgency to get things done;
- Self-starter; a "hands-on " individual who enjoys challenges and is dedicated to getting the job done with minimal support and direction
- Collaborative leader and team player
- Ability to listen, capture and translate inputs and new challenges coming from consumers and colleagues interfacing them in the market
- Characterized by integrity and high professional standards
- Ability to influence people who are not direct reports
- Demonstrated excellence in communication skills for negotiating, presenting and resolving complex and controversial issues and responding effectively to sensitive inquiries and complaints.
- Strong ability to work effectively within time constraints, changing priorities, and independently
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities
Reach Out To A Recruiter
Recruiter: Jeff Kasula