Engineer Senior, Telecommunications
Las Vegas Las Vegas, NV 89118
Job Title: Engineer Senior, Telecommunications
Location: Las Vegas Nevada - 89118
Duration: 12 Months Contract
About Client: Our client is an American multinational conglomerate holding company. They are currently the 7th largest company in the S&P 500 Index by market capitalization and is famous for having the most expensive share price in history with a Class A share costing more than $250,000 each, having never been split.
We are looking for a Senior Engineer who will be responsible for leading Telecommunication Engineering, planning, Designing, and implementation activities. Serving as the technical lead for Microwave design, and network planning activities, including selection of best solutions for backhaul. RTU and SCADA experience is a plus.
Looking for Telecom Engineer with RTU and SCADA experience.
- Microwave and Fiber Backhaul planning, and implementation on MPLS Architecture
- Understanding in RTU & SCADA is a big plus.
- Familiarity with Microwave path studies, and providing Close Out paperwork.
- Wireless Network Backhaul equipment selection and ordering as needed.
- Meeting deadlines of projects.
- Work with Network Planning on transmission/microwave path equipment ordering, engineering and filings.
- Design efforts include analog/digital microwave radios, fiber optic cable systems, Lightwave/SONET networks, trunked and conventional mobile radio systems, digital/analog multiplex, data communications equipment, remote telemetry, AC/DC power systems, communication hut buildings and tower/antenna and propane fired portable generator systems.
- Provide for accurate time and cost estimates, create and track work orders, account for budget variances and written correspondence to include technical Request for Proposals (RFPs) and PowerPoint presentation materials.
- Coordinate workflow and provide project management on a large-scale basis. Assist in reviewing department workload levels and recommend changes to work allocations as necessary.
- Develop and review engineering/equipment/installation standards.
- Provide project management for complex projects and technical support for communication field crews and engineers.
- Communicates with various contingencies including executives, employees, vendors, customers, and outside agencies.
Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering or Telecommunications Engineering and 8 years of relevant work experience or an equivalent combination of education and work experience of 12 years. Prefer Professional Engineer (PE) License.
- Designing Fiber Optic backhaul communication systems over private digital wide area network.
- Design physical security systems for first line of defense at Substations.
- Ability to provide accurate time and cost estimates, create/track work orders, and account for budget variances and financial reporting.
- Provide project management and work coordination for large projects. Assist in reviewing department workload levels and recommend changes to work allocations as necessary.
- Development and review engineering/equipment/installation standards
- Create technical RFQ/RFP documents for system and /or service offerings by developing, writing, evaluating, and administering vendor RFPs.
- Ability to interact with vendors to review and evaluate technical product offerings.
- Negotiate and administer contracts for telecommunications services and resources.
- Familiarization with FCC codes, regulations, licensing, and spectrum management.
Designs and troubleshoots telecommunications and network communications systems. Provides provisioning and programming of telecommunications or network equipment including phone systems, remote terminal devices, switches, routers and SONET equipment. Specifies and orders carrier services from telecommunications providers and phone companies. Bachelor s degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Computer Science, information technology or related field from an accredited school and 5 years of telecommunications or networking experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities
Vito @ email@example.com; 702-827-0376