Engineer Senior, Telecommunications
Reno Reno, NV 89511
Job Title: Engineer Senior, Telecommunications
Location: Reno NV 89511
Duration: 12 Months Contract
About Client: Our client is an American multinational conglomerate holding company. They are currently the 7th largest company in the S&P 500 Index by market capitalization and is famous for having the most expensive share price in history with a Class A share costing more than $250,000 each, having never been split.
- Must be able to show documentation of certifications at time of submittal. Please include as attachments to submittal
- The Senior Network Engineer will design, implement, and enhance utility’s telecommunication transport network – Carrier Ethernet, IP/MPLS, SONET/TDM, DACS;
- Provide professional Telecom system engineering services associated with electric power and distribution system.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as a subject matter expert (SME) and a consultant to other business units related to utilities’ communication network design and implementation – Fiber optical network, microwave network, MAS radio network, etc.
- Serve as a subject matter expert (SME) and a consultant to other business units related to communication network and SCADA/RTU implementation
- Design and integrate new RTUs install with the existing SCADA/RTU/EMS system
- Designs the end-to-end communication network including wireless, wireline, optical network for RTU communications
- Create design package for implementation, including panel layout, wiring diagram, RTU point list, and network connectivity circuit diagram
- Interface with various energy delivery departments including Distribution, Transmission, and System Control
- Support company-wide project activities related to design and installation of communication network
- Propose budget recommendations for future and on-going maintenance projects
- Recommend standards related to the utility’s communication network
- Analyze system problems and recommend solutions
- Provide support for third-level troubleshooting
- Write RFPs for equipment procurement and competitive bidding
- Propose projects to improve SCADA/RTU system reliability, and participate in planning network expansion, upgrades, and replacement as a team member
- Understand and comply with all policies, codes and regulations applicable to the position and Company
- Perform related duties as assigned
- Delivery engineering design package on time
Education and Work Experience
- Possess Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, or Computer Science with combined 7 years of experience in telecommunications, IP/MPLS networking, or utility SCADA/RTU design.
- Specialized Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of circuit design - Ethernet, MPLS, SONET, TDM, multiplexing DS3/ T1s
- Demonstrate knowledge of design and construction of microwave and fiber optical communication system
- Familiar with SCADA/RTU equipment suppliers and their current offerings
- Demonstrated oral and written communication, analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills
Equipment and Applications
- PCs, word processing, spreadsheet and database software
- Work Environment and Physical Demands
- General office environment. No special physical demands required.
About ASK: ASK Staffing is an award-winning technology and professional services recruiting firm servicing Fortune 500 organizations nationally. With 5 nationwide offices, two global delivery centers, and employees in 42 states-ASK Staffing connects people with amazing opportunities
Vito @ firstname.lastname@example.org; 702-827-0376